Chris's Reviews > Blood Rites

Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Jun 29, 2009

Being the first ever Jim Butcher book I'd read, it makes me wonder why I had just read his work just now.

I had first known about "The Dresden Files" as a TV series shown one episode everyday in AXN Beyond some time ago. I had chanced upon its box set (its one and only season) while I was in Dubai and was disappointed to find out that it only had a handful of episodes.

But when I discovered that it was an on-going series in the world of written fiction, I was thrilled. And this thrill was sustained as I read my very first Harry Dresden book, "Blood Rites."

It was a very well-written piece of work, filled with intense action and witty humor, making Harry Dresden one of my most beloved fictional character of all times, someone I would not mind being my friend.

It was also in this book that Thomas, Harry's half-brother who happens to be a vampire, got introduced. And in between the frenzy mysteries and blo-ups, Jim actually infuses little gems of insights about love -- how love killed the dinosaurs...it was the mammals propensity to express love that made these huge reptiles extinct -- without getting too mushy.

Having read this book, you can bet that I will pick up the other Jim Butcher books. I can't wait to return to Harry Dresden's world through the words and imagination of Jim Butcher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Rites.