Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events's Reviews > Love of Truth

Love of Truth by C.T. Oliver

liked it

ARC provided by first time author for honest review

Love of Truth is a story following a very independent caring young woman Amelia on her Spring break to a beach house off the coast of Oregon. Amelia is excited to have the peace and quiet to do as she pleases with her side kick Larry! Not only is Amelia independent she is feisty, adventurous, a great cook, and loves to surf...so why is she single? She has endured more heartache than most for a lifetime which leads her to being unable to trust therefore she has thrown herself into her studies where she is well protected by her work...until she meets the vacationing neighbors at the beach!

Craig is a hard working, former army special forces sniper, law school student, with a future laid out in front of him. Tired of the typical bimbos and users he pulls himself off the market and sticks with his plans for the future. A prior run in with cray cray also has a little bit to do with his solo path. Craig is eyeing Amelia across the way for the first time as he is explaining why he doesn't need a "relationship" when their eyes meet.

Craig and Amelia notice each other from the start and have more in common than most couples. Craig is not only drawn to her because of this but also adores how Amelia cares about others. There is a draw to each other neither have ever felt before but will Amelia let Craig in? Is Amelia worth it for Craig to "adjust" his future plans?

There are some sexy steamy scenes in this very sweet story which starts off and ends very strong but the middle starts to lag. Transitioning from the vacation to real life was stretched out more than what was needed, in my opinion..but since the characters are so likable the reader is not bored. The writing is superb and CT has a knack for capturing a moment and setting up the scene. The story is very sweet and as they get to know each other the steam factor increases in the sex scenes.

I am a sucker for a good cover and developed supporting cast. I love when an author spends time not only developing the main characters but also developing the supporting cast. Cory and Ben had me laugh out loud and I would love to read a story where Cory finds a woman that intrigues him more than a meatball sub! There is so much still to be told about Ben and Pen both characters left me wanting to know more about them. Blu has so much more depth to share as well. The need and love these friends have for each other is heart warming. Each character is flawed just enough that makes the reader wanting more of each of them.

Thank you to CT for allowing and trusting me to review her first book with a handful of ladies. CT is a talented young lady who I believe we will see much more from. Her obsession with David Gandy is REAL, evident, and appreciated in Love of Truth. I so appreciated the references to him and the three piece double breasted navy blue suit...I know that picture!

Overall Love of Truth is a solid performance for a first book and I see an exciting future in C.T.'s future.
surfing photo: surfing surfing.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love of Truth.

May 13, 2013 – Shelved
May 13, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
June 9, 2013 – Started Reading
June 9, 2013 –
0.0% "ARC provided for an honest review...just starting"
June 9, 2013 –
page 34
10.53% "Love the character development. Craig, Ben , and Cory are hilarious. I can feel the sexual attraction between Amelia and Craig...hotttt."
June 10, 2013 –
page 70
21.67% "very sweet"
June 10, 2013 –
page 168
52.01% "finished"
June 10, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events excited for you. what is the release date?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events C.T. wrote: "I'm uploading it on the 11th so it should be live on the 13th on Amazon and Smashwords (all the company that Smashwords lends out to.)"

once it is live i will post my review on the other sites if you would like me to

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, please.