Kaz's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Jun 27, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi, movie-tv-series

** spoiler alert ** While I was reading, I was not really sure that if I was enjoying it or not. I didn't feel strong dislikes towards this book. How story develop was, of course, very interesting. Yet, I was not quite sure if I was liking it.

At the scene of conception of Alba and Clare's 18th birthday, I felt really awkward to read than romantic. Other than those dates, there were scenes that made me want to skip reading. I sometimes wondered why I was still reading this book if I was not really into it. Maybe, I just wanted to know what would come at the end. Then, I changed my mind/view a little when I read the letter of Henry. The letter was beautiful and connected some elements in the book together. It made better sense as a whole.

Overall, I liked how the author challenge to develop the story with the concept to time-traveler. However, I didn't care much of some of details. It came close but didn't quite touch to my core.

Quotes Kaz Liked

Audrey Niffenegger
“After my mom died she ate my father up completely. She would have hated it. Every minute of his life since then has been marked by her absence, every action has lacked dimension because she is not there to measure against. And when I was young I didn't understand, but now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird. If I had to live on without you I know I could not do it. But I hope, I have this vision of you walking unencumbered, with your shining hair in the sun. I have not seen this with my eyes, but only with my imagination, that makes pictures, that always wanted to paint you, shining; but I hope that this vision will be true, anyway.”
Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

June 27, 2009 – Shelved
August 15, 2009 –
page 122
22.34% "The movie is now at the theatre, so I finally decided to read. So far, it's interesting although there is always sad air behind it."
August 16, 2009 –
page 264
August 18, 2009 –
page 298
54.58% "My school started, and I cannot read as much as I want... I want to read to the end and watch movie as soon as I can!"
August 28, 2009 –
page 325
October 20, 2009 –
page 372
Started Reading
December 17, 2009 –
page 427
78.21% "Reading the incidents of Decebmer 28, 2000 and May 24, 1989, I felt strange... I don't know how to describe..."
December 17, 2009 – Finished Reading