Gillian Bronte Adams's Reviews > The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet

The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill

7771903

I knew that I would love this book as soon as I saw the tag line: Don’t just get even. Write a novel.

Brilliant, right? And once I started reading, I didn’t want to set it down. I connected with Ellie Sweet right away. She’s clever and quite witty, but unmistakably human. A very real character with real struggles, feelings, and mistakes. By the end of the first chapter, she’d wormed her way into my heart and I felt like I’d known her for a long time.

As a writer, I especially enjoyed Ellie’s journey through the writing, querying, and publishing process. This book will especially appeal to the many teen writers out there, but you certainly don’t have to be a teen or a writer to love it.

The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet has all the elements of a tremendous YA contemporary novel and is one I know I’ll be reading again … and again. I definitely recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a great summer read with a dash of wit, heart, and truth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet.

Finished Reading