E.S.P. E.S.P.'s Reviews > Kingdom of Heroes

Kingdom of Heroes by Jay  Phillips

17892020

Jay Phillips is an amazing author.

He is like a mix between Stephen King and James Patterson. I know for a fact that if a big publishing or press company got a hold of his book, they'd have a field day with him. The book and his writing are incredible.

I love the concept of the book. The Supers VS the Normals is just an awesome plot. It reminds me of the TV show, Heroes. Not only was the plot great, I think he executed it very well. There were always things that would surprise me. Of course there were some sad parts that I wished didn't happen, but overall it just enhanced the quality of the book.

Our main character, the Detective, is hilarious. If he was a real person, we would be best friends. He is so witty and sarcastic, yet outspoken. One of the things that is just hitting me now is, we barely know anything about the Detective. We don't even know his name, or his past, and neither does he. But like I said, that doesn't take away from the book. It only makes it greater.

I also love the layout of the book. It alternates between third person narrative than some journal entries that have articles about the world the book takes place in. At first when I saw that, I was like, "There is no way I have the attention span to read these articles." But I did. The articles were extremely awesome and provided insight. Plus, because my book is written in a similar way, it was cool to see how Jay used the tactic.

The ending was freakin' awesome. You'll love it, trust me.

The only thing I didn't like was the amount of profanity in the book. I know it was part of the main character, but I still wish that it wasn't as...much as it was.

Overall, Kingdom of Heroes is my new favorite book. Marvel fans, science fiction lovers, and anyone who has ever watched a super-hero themed show will CHEER for it.

I give it a 9.5 and choose to keep it on my shelves.

Jay, I hope a big publisher finds your book, and gives you the recognition you deserve.

See more of my reviews at whoistheserialreader.blogspot.com and see how you can get your book reviewed by me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kingdom of Heroes.

Finished Reading