valentina's Reviews > Click to Subscribe

Click to Subscribe by L.M. Augustine

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** 1.5

I wanted to like this. I really did.

With a title like Click to Subscribe, I honestly thought there would be more of an emphasis on the vlogging aspect, but it just seemed too forced and unnecessary. I skimmed every time he got into a camera 'confession'. I think Sam and Cat have an abundance of personality (sometimes to the point where they become nothing but personifications of every teen on tumblr), but this book frustrated me so much and not in a good way. Too much build-up and too hasty a resolution as everything just fixes up. Actually, everything after the first part of the book felt hasty even when he kept beating around the bush of blatant obviousness.

Format-wise, waaay too much caps-lock yelling and some other stuff that I thought made it obvious that this was a self-pub. I don't think I've ever seen kthxbye in a passage before.

Tl;dr needed more utilisation of the vlogging. Had there been scripts of vlogs rather than emails, the title would have been a better fit. Right now it's just another novel about a penpal who isn't who they seem, which the synopsis prepares you for but geez.

Also not enough romance to warrant a reread for fluff. Bummer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click to Subscribe.

May 10, 2013 – Started Reading
May 10, 2013 – Shelved
May 10, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Christina I agree! I would've liked to see an emphasis on the vlogging using scripts.