Trisha Harrington's Reviews > Up in Arms

Up in Arms by Kindle Alexander

This book is for all those sappy fans like myself. I'm a very proud fan of the sap in books and I always loved Marines in books. As most people know I normally love books like this and I tend to rave about them in my reviews. So why the 3 star rating? It would say it's more 3.5 because it was an easy enough read. I did have issues with it though.

The book starts and Trevor has a crush on his best friend Brody. Then at his other friend, Rylies wedding he meets Reed. Rylies older brother. From there we get insta-love (something else I love). We get a lot of endearments and a nice little love story. I just got annoyed after a while.

To call this book angsty would be wrong. It wasn't angst, it was drama more than anything. (view spoiler) I really didn't like Brody and Trevor had a crush/was in love with him? I would have told Trevor to get a life years before if I had been Rylie. My God it got on my nerves.

We also had some hospital/recovery scenes. I normally love them, it just added to Trevor's issues for me. He had enough of those. The ending was very good though, I liked him then. It was nice to see him grow some balls and get a backbone. I can't say much about Reed. I did prefer him over Trevor.

(view spoiler)

Read it if you want. I liked it, but it was just Meh for me in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Up in Arms.

Started Reading
May 9, 2013 – Shelved as: business-men
May 9, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 5, 2013 – Shelved as: 3-stars
January 24, 2014 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice Handsome!! Yuck!! I can handle love-I have a female friend who calls everyone love-but not Handsome. Ick!!

Trisha Harrington Alice wrote: "Handsome!! Yuck!! I can handle love-I have a female friend who calls everyone love-but not Handsome. Ick!!"

Normally I love endearments, but 'handsome' is just not for me. Honestly, this author is not one I should continue reading. I haven't loved her stuff yet.

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice 2.5 year later do you still love sap and insta-love? My taste have change a lot and i find myself very very picky nowadays.

Trisha Harrington Alice wrote: "2.5 year later do you still love sap and insta-love? My taste have change a lot and i find myself very very picky nowadays."

Um... I think it depends on the book. I'm not as big of a fan as I once was. My tastes have changed a little. But I'm pickier and more cautious about my books now.

Trisha Harrington THIRDS by Charlie Cochet is a prime example. 2.5 years ago I probably wouldn't have loved it as much as I do now. :D

message 6: by Alice (new)

Alice What's in it that would have made you dislike like it? Don't worry about spoilers i'm never going to read it. not my thing.

Trisha Harrington Alice wrote: "What's in it that would have made you dislike like it? Don't worry about spoilers i'm never going to read it. not my thing."

I wasn't really into paranormal back then. It was mostly all contemporary. There's also the dead lover thing. But I adore the series so much and I'm always waiting for more.

Do you like KJ Charles? :D

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice That's quite a long series. Like 6 books now, i think???? I'm terrible at finishing series, even ones i like, if they go on forever. I think i've only completed 2 series; CP and a YA one about demons. I've got loads i've left abandoned.

Trisha Harrington Alice wrote: "That's quite a long series. Like 6 books now, i think???? I'm terrible at finishing series, even ones i like, if they go on forever. I think i've only completed 2 series; CP and a YA one about demo..."

Yep. 6 books with several more to come. I love that, though. And there are some different couples popping up, which I love. But Dex. Dex is my baby now and I will continue reading the series because I love it and him. :D