Rachel's Reviews > The Forever Song

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

bookshelves: to-read

reaction after reading excerpt at back of Iron Traitor

I'm very hungry... for this book.

Spoiler alert for The Eternity cure:

Just finished re-reading the end of The Eternity Cure. The amazing ending that leaves so much sorrow, so much emotion. Does anyone else predict that Sarren was horrible enough to turn Zeke into a vampire?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forever Song.

May 6, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
May 6, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen ME! OMG! I got that feeling too! I hope he didn't though, but then again, I think it will be very exciting if Zeke does become a vampire! :)

Jane YES!!! I kind of want him to be a vampire so he and Allie can live happily ever after(; but i kind of don't because what if he gets Infected??????? D: ...*heart shatters*

Jamie I think that's exactly what has happened! Unfortunately Zeke would rather be dead instead of being turned into a vampire.

message 4: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Halloran Yes!! Is it bad I want him to be alive well as in still on this earth alive but It's almost crueler don't you think to Zeke turning him into a vampire I mean then silencing him forever... Aww crap I just really want this book to come out!! >:/

message 5: by Ariel (new) - added it

Ariel I finished the eternity cure the other day, and I was like "oh he didn't kill him yah!". Then last night I was right about to go to sleep it hit me and I said out loud to myself "Zekes a vampire!"

Donna Yes! I had the exact same thought! Zeke struggling to live as a vampire would be interesting.

message 7: by Ariel (new) - added it

Ariel But it would be very depressing to because becoming a vampire is gonna kill him cause that's the last thing he ever wanted to become, its like torture to him.

message 8: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke Jardine but sarren asked if he was ready to say goodbye and zeke said he was... I think they made a deal cuz zeke was the one that wanted to meet with him and zeke was trying to tell allie something before she left. so zeke could be with her forever.

message 9: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Nice theory! I hope no to either occurrence ( deal or vamp) because I want Zeke to always stay one of the excellent normal good guys. So sad that can't be the case.

message 10: by Ariel (new) - added it

Ariel your right he did make a deal, maybe he wanted this

message 11: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla YES, THAT'S DEFINITELY IT. Think about it. Zeke said quite seriously that he didn't want to be a vampire. It would be worse than death for him. And what does Sarren like more than death?? That's right... torture.

Here's how I see it, guys.

1. (Most likely.) Zeke is a vampire. He'll be miserable and unable to live with himself. Sure, Allie and Zeke get to be together, maybe, but Zeke could be different as a vampire. Now, I'm not saying he'd be as sadistic as Jackal, but maybe some sadism? Worst-case scenario: He kills himself.
2. (Likely.) Zeke is dead, and Sarren talks to him like a normal person because he's a frootloop.
3. (Least likely.) Zeke is human. He'll be happy, true, but he'll be a fragile, aging human. Thus we have The Iron Knight repeat before our eyes, except I doubt Allie and he would have any happy ending, anyway. I mean, it's not like Allie has a BFF to lean on or some other distraction from Zeke, like a war.

(If you haven't read Kagawa's Iron Fey series, go do it now. Bide your time until TFS comes out.)

Nicole That is totally what I think!!!! and Allie is going to see him and be sooooo happy but so like WTF. Or he is keeping Zeke all locked up!!! oh god, I hope Zeke doesn't ask Allie or Jackal to kill him bc he cant stand being a vampire… oh my god oh my god, this book needs to come out NOW

Joyce To kayla, ohmygod i hadnt thought about how it could be like tge iron knight until now. YOU JUST SIMULTANEAOUSLY (sp?) MADE ME NEED THIS BOOK MORE AND WANT TO RE-READ THE IRON FEY. ;_; god julie why must you murder our feels so.

message 14: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Mirza Hey guys. Sorry to jump in but I like the theory.But if Sarren turned Zeke, Sarren would be the sire obviously....so I dont know what to think. Arent you like connected to your sire? I really really want and need this book right now! Ugh! These cliffhangers!!! Hopefully Zeke would be alive. :)

Joyce I.. I hadnt thought about that saman. Now i REALLY dont know what to think x-x can april come any slower?

Courtney McGruder OH MY GAWD - not until you said it!!!! BUT YES - NOW I SEE IT!! AND LOOOVE IT!