Pat's Reviews > Playing the Part

Playing the Part by Robin Covington

This is the third book I have read by Ms. Covington , and I have to say, it is a heated page turner! By the time I had finished I had so many pages highlighted, I was not sure I could write a review without spoilers.....here is my attempt.

Piper James is a best selling author of romance novels, recovering from a very bad, very public break up. Her ex fiancé was a popular actor, caught in a liaison with her best friend. Her career suffered after all the bad publicity generated by her well documented anger and pain . She is now trying to get her career back, by helping another actor understand the role he is to play in one of her novels brought to the screen. "All she had to do to salvage her career was teach the leading man, Mick Blackwell, the sexiest playboy in Hollywood, how to act like he was in love."

Mick Blackwell is the star of several action adventure movies, trying to make his mark in a more dramatic role. He lives with his best friend Lincoln St. John known to all his fans as a "rock god." Mick had a difficult childhood growing up in the shadow of his Oscar winning actor father. "Since I was seven I've spent more time pretending to be other people than I’ve been myself. My life isn’t exactly normal.” My first reaction to Mick was "slick." He was all charm and seduction. The cameras were his friend. Piper enjoyed his charm and seduction, but she had rules. Good sex, no sleepovers.

We learn a lot about our hero and heroine. They each have friends and staff they believe in. Some not worthy of their trust. Ms. Covington shows us in small ways Mick's true self. He's caring, and loyal, and not really the thoughtless playboy he shows to the world. This is a love story about two people who don't want to love, not even sure how to love, but it's in their hearts. With so many forces working against them can they hold on to it?

I enjoyed this novel very much. I liked both Mick and Piper, and the side characters. Hopefully Linc St. John will have a future story! I highly recommend this novel!

I received this novel from the author for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing the Part.

May 6, 2013 – Shelved
page 112
44.8% "H O T!"
page 178
June 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat Amazing! Review to follow!