Nisha's Reviews > The Sword

The Sword by Jean Johnson

Jun 23, 2009

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy-romance
Read in July, 2009

A great start to the series. This story is about Saber and Kelly. Saber, well, he's really not my type, but I love these books because there are so many other brothers to chose from. Kelly, slightly insane and demented, especially nearing the end with the pages of feminist dialogue. Definitely had to skip through that. Otherwise, I like the pacing and story premise. I am actually looking forward to read Dominor's story more that Wolfer's but I'm the type to read stuff in order, just for a cohesive plot.

This is definitely a fun read. There is nothing serious here. It's a mix of YA fantasy with sex scenes. The humor has its highlights, though Kelly is a little demented sometimes and says the darndest things. I don't hate her, she's just kinda...weird. Like her character is part-bitch, part-quirky, part-genius. Considering her background, she's a little too much of an elixir of knowledge of modern technology and world cultures, another odd thing. Bra-making, Guns, cars, levers and physics. Mostly, its her demanding character that gets me. And that feminist triad. Saber is definitely not an Alpha, though he pretends to be.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword.

07/13/2009 "c6"