Sandra 's Reviews > On Dublin Street

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

2.5 STARS

This book made me create new shelves, named 'are you fucking kidding me?' and 'disappointments'.

After finishing On Dublin Street, i have to ask you guys a question. What the heck is all the hype about?

world gone mad

To all the fans of this book, i'm glad you enjoyed it.

tumblr m3jst7t K3a1rub1i9o1 500 zpsb25fbde6

Meet Jocelyn...

f54814f2 bce7 4b38 b2f9 30df294aa788 zps5e4ee202

Who is she?

A 20 something year old woman who is afraid of people. Of letting them in and getting attached to them. She likes being alone because no one asks her personal questions she doesn't want to answer. She doesn't do relationships, not even one night stands anymore. But when she meets a gorgeous man named Braden, and he proposes an offer of a non emotional sex only relationship, what does she do? Except. Because he's just too sexy to resist.

tumblr inline mjmbmaq R1 R1qz4rgp

Meet Branden...

f495bcb0 fe1c 4c2d 8b59 62010fd0a413 zps82025489

tumblr mmlj3x EJ3k1sp9fcho1 500 zps2457fe71

I'm not talking here about the Braden character from the book. I'm just talking about how hot this guy is. The actual guy from the pic. What can i say? I choose the best castings *wink*.

Braden is a rich and successful business man (sound familiar? Read that shit about a million times already), and -like he said- even though he has a girlfriend he's not blind and can recognize a sexy and beautiful woman. He meets Jocelyn in a cab and even though she's not his 'type', he still wants her. There's just something different about her.

tumblr m51ng48r C41r3q5r9o1 500

This book wasn't the worst book ever. It was readable and...Okeeyy.

What i hated the most was Jocelyn. SHE WAS ANNOYING THE FUCK AND SHIT OUT OF ME.

Ahh, i can't love him.
I don't want love, i don't deserve it.
He can't love me and i can't love him.
It's just sex.
I'm better alone
No one can know the real me
I don't want to remember.

tumblr m1of3b4pu K1rqfhi2o1 500

tumblr m8sbox DOP11qjhx31

Little spoilers alert - nothing important!!!
When Jocelyn FARTED when Braden was tickling her, i was like..

tumblr mct9lb Hkw P1rrbfp8o2 400

I was so damn mortified that i actually hid my face between the book! My jaw near damn hit the floor. Is the author serious? Was that really necessary? What's next? She's gonna pee herself all over when she's having an orgasm?

And when Jocelyn started throwing dishes at Braden's head when they were fighting i couldn't help but crack up like crazy. I don't know if the author intended that to be funny, but i found it hilarious.

tumblr mmklty4 QXS1qe2pq8o1 500

However, there were some things i really liked and that made the book an OK read. Firstly, the writing. I love it! It pulls you into the story, with descriptions well done so you can visualize things pretty easily. I think the book is well written, but the plot has to change and characters have to reborn or something.

Secondly, i think the sex was great too! And the ending - it was really sweet.

Overall, On Dublin Street was a disappointing read that i really hoped i would enjoy but didn't. The main characters felt cliche to me and i hated them most of the time. The plot was also flat and old. But the style of witting and sex made it so it was an OK read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Dublin Street.

August 27, 2012 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
December 14, 2012 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
December 14, 2012 – Shelved as: entered-giveaway... (Paperback Edition)
May 6, 2013 – Shelved
July 26, 2013 – Started Reading
July 27, 2013 –
35.0% "Liking this so far :)"
July 29, 2013 –
50.0% "This is OK. I'm sure I would like it more if I had enough time to read it"
July 30, 2013 –
April 13, 2014 – Shelved as: erotica
April 13, 2014 – Shelved as: continuing-series
April 13, 2014 – Shelved as: beautifully-written
July 19, 2014 – Shelved as: adult

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)

♥Rachel♥ I loved this one, Sandra! Hope you do, too. :)

message 2: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "I loved this one, Sandra! Hope you do, too. :)"

I'm thinking of picking it up in the summer. Can't wait to read it! I heard so many great things about it! :)

Gertiebee * the little book bee * I really enjoyed this one.Let me know what u think of it when ur done :)

message 4: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Lisa wrote: "Awesome review, Sandra! Sorry this one did not work out for you. I liked it but we all can't love them all, right? ;)"

Thanks Lisa. Yep, no book is for everybody :)

♥Rachel♥ Sorry this didn't work for you, Sandra. It's hard to enjoy a book when the main character annoys you. Great honest review. :)

* Meli Mel * Great review, Sandra!! Sorry this sucked for you! :(

Gertiebee * the little book bee * AWW sorry it wasn't as good for u as it was for me :)

Susanne Great review, Sandra! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed by this book!

message 9: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Sorry this didn't work for you, Sandra. It's hard to enjoy a book when the main character annoys you. Great honest review. :)"

Thank you Rachel! Yep, its hard to enjoy a book when you don't CARE about the characters :)

message 10: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper* wrote: "Great review, Sandra!! Sorry this sucked for you! :("

Thanks Meli :)

message 11: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Susanne wrote: "Great review, Sandra! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed by this book!"

Thank you hon. I think lots of people hated this book as well. It's one of those books you either love or hate :)

message 12: by Mei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mei Hahahaha!!! I love your review!!!

message 13: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex OMG, so removing from my tbr list! :)) Great review!

message 14: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Mei wrote: "Hahahaha!!! I love your review!!!
I was much more generous: I gave it 4 stars... But you pointed to all the things that I noticed too. *wink*"

Thank you Meli! Glad you agree. :)

message 15: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Alex wrote: "OMG, so removing from my tbr list! :)) Great review!"

LOL. Thanks Alex. It might have been just me. You might want to check other readers reviews and see if you really want it removed from your shelf. If you enjoy reading book like FSOG then you might like this one.

message 16: by Priyanka (last edited Aug 02, 2013 04:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Priyanka I love your review though i liked the book lol!! and i reacted the same way for farting thing n Joss was irritating as hell and i laughed during the dish fight! :)

message 17: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Sandra wrote: "Alex wrote: "OMG, so removing from my tbr list! :)) Great review!"

Nope, nah-uh, yuck, no FSoG for me! The fart convinced me not to read this one. :))

message 18: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Priyanka wrote: "I love your review though i liked the book lol!! and i reacted the same way for farting thing n Joss was irritating as hell and i laughed during the dish fight! :)"

Haha. I'm glad i wasn't the only one who laughed about the dishes. Have you read the 2nd one yet? :)

message 19: by Priyanka (last edited Aug 02, 2013 08:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Priyanka Sandra wrote: "Priyanka wrote: "I love your review though i liked the book lol!! and i reacted the same way for farting thing n Joss was irritating as hell and i laughed during the dish fight! :)"

Haha. I'm gla..."

I did read Down London Road it was good but am not sure if u'll like it cause i hated Jo in this book but you understand her in DLR..you should read Adam n Ellie's novella it was better than these two..

message 20: by Baba (new)

Baba  I read the sequel and didn't like it. So, I won't touch the first book.
Great review, Sandra! :)

message 21: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "I read the sequel and didn't like it. So, I won't touch the first book.
Great review, Sandra! :)"

Thanks Baba! I heard many people were disappointed by the sequel, and that the novella about Adam and Ellie was better than the actual books. I might give it a go :)

Natasha lol i laughed this review.. i laughed really hard.
so i gave this book a great review and all.. BUT.. here's the kicker.. i read it over a year ago i think back before my tastes in books evolved.. and im sure if i reread it now, i'd probably rate it the same as you... hahah

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Fab review hon!! Sorry it didn't work out for you but we can't all love em!! :))

message 24: by Baba (new)

Baba  Sandra wrote: "Baba ♥♥♥ Marcus, Tyler, Tate, Dan, Ty, & Hunter wrote: "I read the sequel and didn't like it. So, I won't touch the first book.
Great review, Sandra! :)"

Thanks Baba! I heard many people were di..."

Good luck for the novella, Sandra! :)

message 25: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Natasha wrote: "lol i laughed this review.. i laughed really hard.

Hahaha. Thank you so much Natasha! And yep, when i look back at my reading tastes back then, i'm also wondering how the heck i could like that kind of book. Did you read the sequel? :)

message 26: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Katy wrote: "Fab review hon!! Sorry it didn't work out for you but we can't all love em!! :))"

Thanks sweetie! Not every book is for everyone ;)

Natasha Sandra wrote: "Natasha wrote: "lol i laughed this review.. i laughed really hard.

I didn't read the sequel! I'm too scared! Scared I'll hate myself and ruin what I remember of the first book...

Priyanka Natasha wrote: "lol i laughed this review.. i laughed really hard.

you know i feel the same!!

Prami{reader and dreamer} Great Review Sandra. I'm moving the book far over my TBR list. ;)

destini mia I love this review!! *wipes tears away*
That was hilarious! Sorry you didn't love this one :( but I agree with you on Jocelyn, she was annoying.
Hope you next read is better!

message 31: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Prami wrote: "Great Review Sandra. I'm moving the book far over my TBR list. ;)"

Thank Prami! LOL. There are definitely better books out there :)

message 32: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Destini wrote: "I love this review!! *wipes tears away*
Hope you next read is better!"

Hahaha. Thank you babe! My next read is already better ;)

Vibha Haha,awesome review Sandra!I really enjoyed this book but I agree with you,Jocelyn was really frustrating! :P

Debra Fantastic review, hon!! Sorry it didn't work out for you though...

Kenya Wright Lovesssss

message 36: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Vibha_ wrote: "Haha,awesome review Sandra!I really enjoyed this book but I agree with you,Jocelyn was really frustrating! :P"

Thanks babe! Most of the time i felt like strangling her to death. :)

message 37: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Debra wrote: "Fantastic review, hon!! Sorry it didn't work out for you though..."

Thanks sweetie! I'm sorry too, really hoped i would like this one :(

message 38: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Kenya wrote: "Lovesssss"

LOL. Thank you Kenya! <3

xrysa LMFAO!!!
I had the same impression about this book! It was an utter failure! Damn and the fart part??WTH??? Was the author serious???
Great review Sandra :D

message 40: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra kristina wrote: "LMFAO!!!
Great review Sandra :D"

Hahaha. Thank you sweets! Yep, the fart part was a big 'what the hell' for me. :)

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Great and honest review, Sandra! Sorry to see this book was a disappointment for you! I can totally understand where you are coming from about Jocelyn though.

message 42: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra ☆Sammy☆Smexy Bookaholic☆彡 wrote: "Great and honest review, Sandra! Sorry to see this book was a disappointment for you! I can totally understand where you are coming from about Jocelyn though."

Thank you babe! It seems like nearly every reader hated her, LOL :)

• Lisa • Oh NOOOO sorry this didn't float your boat friend!! I agree with the farting part CRINGE!!! ❤❤

message 44: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Lisa Jayne wrote: "Oh NOOOO sorry this didn't float your boat friend!! I agree with the farting part CRINGE!!! ❤❤"

Thanks darling. Hahaha. The farting part was a no for everyone :)

message 45: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Ebony wrote: "ROTFFL!!!!!! I'm LAUGHING and CRYING from LAUGHTER! Your review is awesome! I just finished the book and still struggling with my disappointment with it! Are you a blogger? I'm following your revie..."

Hahaha. Thank you so much Ebony! And no, i'm not a blogger (i tried, yeah, that didn't work out well).
Seems like everyone hates that scene LOL :)

message 46: by Oliwia (new)

Oliwia Bryk 'I need a change of panties' bookshelf ? Seriously? But great review sweetie.

Anamarija I kinda understand what ur saying, same old...same old... He's rich... Handsome as f#ck...and f#cked up. She is annoying... Is not aware that is sexy... I see it, but I just love their love-hate relationship and passion. It overcomes everything.

Sheziss I love your review, although in my opinion the sex was mediocre at least ;) .

message 49: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Len I love your review!!!