Hunter's Reviews > In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto

In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan

Jun 23, 2009

Informative, well-researched, well-written, inspiring. I am pleased that Pollan holds up the French as role models for a healthy approach to eating. I was never healthier than I was the year I spent in France with a family who modeled the very things he is talking about. I really appreciated his suggestions for changes in how we might eat (what, when, with whom) towards the end of the book. His study of the evolution of nutrition science was interesting and enlightening. He makes a lot of sense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Defense of Food.

message 1: by Emery (new) - added it

Emery Hunter,

This is one book that I have been meaning to ready - tell me what you think if you get it to reading it this summer.

Beth

Hunter Beth, I'm starting this book now and so far, I am finding it pretty interesting. Will share more thoughts later. Am wondering if you read it yet.
Hunter

message 3: by Emery (new) - added it

Emery I have not read it yet but I will put it on my list and order it from the libarary.

Beth

Deborah All of Michael Pollan's books have inspired me. I started with "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and it was a life changer. "The Botany of Desire" was a great "listen" one year on a road trip. He's a smart guy!