Lewis Cunningham's Reviews > How to Study with Mind Maps: The Concise Learning Method for Students and Lifelong Learners (Expanded Edition)

How to Study with Mind Maps by Toni Krasnic

May 05, 2013

Recommended for: those interested in mind mapping

I found this to be a good book, but I also thought the title was a little misleading. The real topic of this book is CLM, Concise Learning Method. Mind Maps are a key component to that topic.

As long as you know going in that the book is a tutorial for CLM and how to use mind maps in association with the method, it is a really useful book. Also, even if you don't choose to change the way you study, the coverage of mind maps is excellent.

At times, the text was somewhat repetitive. The same ideas were hammered home multiple times. I'm not sure if that was a flaw or was done on purpose. Repetition is key to learning as long as it is not mindless repetition.

So having sad all of that, the coverage of mind maps is the best I found anywhere. I am a long time user of mind maps and I find them to be highly useful. I have read other books and a lot of online material. Most of that content tells you what you can do, how to use the software, why mind maps are good, etc. None that I have found show you exactly how to make use of mind maps. I had to figure that myself.

I wish this book had been available years ago. It would have saved me a lot of pain on the learning curve. I don't use mind maps for studying. I use mind maps for brain storming, outlining, and for business uses. Even though this book is geared to students (and lifelong learners), I think the mind mapping portions of the book would be valuable to anyone using, or wanting to use, mind maps.

I do recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Study with Mind Maps.

Started Reading