Titot's Reviews > Crush

Crush by Lacey Weatherford

liked it
bookshelves: ya, thriller-suspense

Hmmmmn, I still got mixed feelings after reading. I did enjoy reading it but not as much as I imagined it to be. The start of the story was pretty good. The dialogues were very interesting and flirty between characters. It is just a giddy-feel-good-combined-with-suspense-thriller read. It started out good, especially with the introduction of characters. You can feel sparks fly between Hunter and Cami. You get to be sucked in with their banters and flirty innuendos. Added that with annoying interference of "THE" best friend Clay. Clay was introduced as the cool, geeky best friend but with a flip of a coin, everything you imagined him to be is replaced into someone different. It got me stuck in the middle when it all seems so juvenile to me. Both of the guys were acting all kinds of possessiveness towards Cami. Its is not as attractive or manly as it is anymore when they try to show who gets to get her attention.

There are just some things I find bothersome, like how the kids in the school are all acting like grown-ups. Not grown ups grown up....but Real grown-ups. lolz. E.g Gabrielle? I don't know if there is such a high school kid who flirtatiously and embarrassingly acts like her. On second thoughts, how in the world can a kid create his own laboratory and mixed his own chemicals? How did one even acquire it? considering: 1. they are student, 2. they are student and 3. As i was saying, they are student. Was there not even a hint or suspicion? I do admit that it was thrilling on the end part. I just have it coming, anticipating or forming my own suspicion in my head, guess I was right after all. My own deduction and Sherlock-Holmes-ish investigation worked. hahaha. I do commend though, the author for pulling off a suspense-thriller for young adult. It is hard to come by with stories that involved lots of mysteries to keep stories for this genre interesting. I give this a whopping 3! :)

PS: When Hunter was talking about Cami's Age and forbidden love, for a second I thought maybe he is a vampire...and this is a paranormal book. hahahaha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crush.

Started Reading
May 5, 2013 – Shelved
May 5, 2013 – Shelved as: ya
May 5, 2013 – Shelved as: thriller-suspense
May 5, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Elisa I'm so glad someone else thought he was going to be a vampire! I got to the end and I was like.. Omg how could I be so stupid!

Elisa Okay I just accidentally commented 5 times