Cynthia Marcano's Reviews > The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet

The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill

Ellie Sweet is a lot of things—good girl, novelist, silent adorer of the new boy at school, Palmer. But when “outcast” gets added to the list, she decides it’s time to take reality into her own hands … and tweak it as needed.

In the pages of her book, she’s Lady Gabrielle, favorite of the medieval Italian court. Her once-friends are reduced to catty ladies-in-waiting, and the too-charming Palmer—who in real life never spares her a second word—gets to be nothing more than a rake wracked by unrequited love for her. She even has a perfect real-life villain in the brooding Chase, who hails from the wrong side of town.
But just when she’s getting along great in her fictional world, the real one throws her a few curves. With Chase pursuing her, Palmer wanting to date her—but in secret—and the details of her manuscript going public, Ellie suddenly receives more attention than she ever really wanted. And when her former-friends discover what she’s been writing, they’re determined to teach Ellie a lesson about the severe consequences of using her pen as her sword.

What I Loved...
Stephanie Morrill did a wonderful job taking me on a journey with Ellie. I felt like I was living Ellie's life.

I also loved the perspective of an aspiring author and all it entails. It added another level of Ellie's character that I really liked.

I loved how both boys liked her for exactly who she is.

Continue reading review at who YA reading?...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet.

May 4, 2013 – Started Reading
May 4, 2013 – Shelved
May 4, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
May 7, 2013 –
May 7, 2013 –
May 7, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Bennett I so want to read this book :) It sounds really good!

Cynthia Marcano Sierra wrote: "I so want to read this book :) It sounds really good!"

message 3: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Bennett Cynthia wrote: "Sierra wrote: "I so want to read this book :) It sounds really good!"

There's a giveaway on my blog, who Ya reading?, if you don't already have the book."

Thanks! I'll go check it out :)