Michelle's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God (Women of Faith

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Jun 22, 2009

bookshelves: christianfiction, forpleasure, forreview, favorite-2009
Read in July, 2009

I loved how this entire story played out. The emotional landscape was rich and thoroughly plowed. The hero was incredibly dreamy and yet realistic and believable. The heroine's issues were compelling, interesting, and clearly well-researched. The minor charactor, Riley, was probably the best portrayal of a screwed up kid that I've ever read. She was totally real and perfectly developed. Everything about her issues rang true. Even the sister, Allison, was shown in a believable fashion. I've worked with numerous mentally ill and drug abusing people in my lifetime and Allison's issues were spot-on as well as her way of dealing with them.

This story really tugged at my heart strings because each character was well-done and could easily be people I've known and loved. On top of all of those high praises I have to add that the romantic tension was delicious and the emotional and spiritual arcs were perfectly done. I can't stand contrived tension or plastic faith inserted into a story to make it fit the Christian label. Worse, it really bugs me when a book is labeled Christian and there is no mention of Christ anywhere in the story.

Everything in this book rang true to me. Just Between You and Me was so good, in fact, that it's making my best of 2009 fiction list. I highly recommend this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.

07/08/2009 page 266
83.13% "Read most of this while riding in the car from Ely, NV to Sierra Vista, AZ."