Emily Speller's Reviews > Into the Deep: One Man's Story of How Tragedy Took His Family But Could Not Take His Faith

Into the Deep by Robert T. Rogers

May 04, 2013

bookshelves: christian-books, favorites, read-in-2013, reviewed, suffering, books-for-young-teens

This was an AMAZING read!!! I highly recommend it to anyone, particularly those who are going through difficult times in their lives. It really helped me to gain a better perspective on suffering and how God can use it for our good and His glory - if God can help a man to continue to have faith in Him even after the deaths of his wife and four kids, how much more can I trust Him during my much smaller trials?

Some of my favourite quotes were:

"I heard so many times from so many people, 'God never gives you more than you can handle.' I eventually came to believe that 'God will always give you more than you can bear alone, because He doesn't want you to bear it without Him.' Alone, this cross was unbearable. But with God, it was possible."

"I was experiencing firsthand the truth that in our weakness, God is strong. When we become nothing, He can become everything. From moment to moment, I was clinging to God with every fiber of my being. . . I can only describe it as a miracle of God's grace and strength working through me in my time of absolute weakness."

If you have a chance to, read this book!

And even if you don't get a chance, look up Robert Rogers's ministry and website at mightyintheland

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Deep.

May 4, 2013 – Started Reading