Jodie's Reviews > Ember

Ember by Jessica Sorensen

U 50x66

Finished reading Ember by Jessica Sorensen. Being confused is an understatement

I do not dare to rate this one.
I will just say 'I read it'

Synopsis from goodreads *not sure if I have the ‘right’ synopsis version?*
(New adult paranormal version of my young adult book, Ember (Death Collectors, #1). It contains more violence and more sexual content.)

**Mature Content Advisory**
Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual situations and language.

For nineteen-year-old Ember, life has always been about death. With a simple touch, she can see when someone will die. It’s her curse and the reason she secludes herself from the world. The only person that knows her secret is her best friend Raven.

But that changes when she meets Asher Morgan. He’s gorgeous and mysterious and is the only person Ember can't sense death from. The silence he instills in her mind and body allows her to feel things she’s never been able to before, so despite her initial reservations, Ember lets Asher into her life and lets herself to get close to him. But the closer they get, the more Ember realizes that Asher is keeping secrets from her.

When unexplained deaths begin to surface in her town, Ember questions why she can’t see Asher's death and what it is he’s hiding from her

Just realized there are two versions of the book…The YA version wherein Ember is 17 years old and a NA version wherein Ember is 19 years old. I think I messed up with the synopsis but I couldn’t find the ‘17 years old version’. I am not sure which version I read but if I remember correctly Ember was 17 in the one I read…which means that I bought the wrong version because I was thinking about reading the NA version, lol.

Anyways, I am confused. My head. My brain.
OK to be honest I was not really tempted to read Ember… because yes ol’ lame me was scared of the cover. Dude have you seen the cover? It is frigging scary! I hate dolls…with scary make-up.

[image error]

But then I saw the other cover
[image error]
and was getting slightly interested again.

But well, at the end I am not sure what happened in Ember actually. I don’t remember a thing. Even though it was just a few minutes ago that I finished reading it. I thought I’d love it but I didn’t ‘enjoy’ it at all because half of the time I was asking myself what I was reading. It is a shame… that it eventually did not work out because she really blew my mind away in the coincidence of Callie and Kayden. I shouldn’t compare the two books with each other because they are really different in genre –I know-. The idea of the story and synopsis sounded good, really… though the cover scared me off once or twice… But it did not work for me... because I could hardly find half of the synopsis back in the story (?) but that might be because I just couldn’t focus. Besides that, the characters were just confusing. Glad it was only around 270 pages because it was short enough to finish it in 4 hours.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ember.

May 4, 2013 – Started Reading