Donna {Book Passion For Life}'s Reviews > Goddess

Goddess by Josephine Angelini

bookshelves: for-review, from-publishers, ya-paranormal-romance

Oh yeah!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Josephine Angelini is back and back better than ever, because Goddess is a cracking finale - one full of action, drama, love and an epic past and I absolutely loved it.

It's no secret that how much I loved Starcrossed and it's no secret how much I didn't like Dreamless. So, in all honestly, I was worried what Josephine would do with the final book in this series, but I'm so over the moon she did us readers proud!!! It is one of them books that gives you tingles while reading it, and I was literally a bundle of nerves all the way through. I did have to peak at the ending before I started reading it though - I know, so bad! But I needed to prepare myself. ;)

Helen has really grown through-out this series, she's gone from a normal teenager to a girl who is now one of the strongest with supernatural powers. I believe she’s handled everything well and it’s been great to watch her journey. It was amazing to watch her come into her powers, test them out and then finally start to use them. Her journey has been an emotional one - especially when it comes to Lucas.

Lucas, my boy Lucas! How I do love him. He's amazing and really he's such an open book, you can see everything he feels from his face and I felt so bad for him through-out Dreamless. Imagining loving a girl you can't have, but knowing you won't be able to move on ever? Yep, that's why I felt for him. He's such a loyal person, that it's hard not to love him.

The whole Lucas, Helen, Orion love triangle was one of the main reasons I didn’t love Dreamless. In all honestly, I’m pretty sick of so many authors introducing them. They’re kind of played out now, so I’m glad Josephine didn’t drag it out and that Helen made the right choice in the end. Or should I say, the author made the right choice for Helen. I also adore the connections Helen has to Hector, Orion, Cassandra and James….all of them really. Each one of these characters has something very unique about them and they’re definitely characters I won’t forget in a long time.

In all, I may have had my up's and down's with the Starcrossed trilogy but it's very unforgettable, and hopefully I’ll have time to re-visit this series in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess.

May 3, 2013 – Started Reading
page 146
page 197
page 350
May 10, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I got a copy of this yesterday, won't get to it for a while though. Hope you enjoy it :)

Donna {Book Passion For Life} I'm loving it so far which is surprising seems how much I didn't like the second book. x

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I'm glad to hear that Donna. I did enjoy the second one though. Was it the love triangle that turned you off. That was quite annoying.

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Hell yeah!! It really pee'd me off especially because Lucas was hardly in it. It was so disappointing. I'd planned on re-reading the series but I just haven't got time. When do you think you'll read Goddess?

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Hopefully when the netgalley month is over :) I haven't read any netgalley books recently. I'm doing a challenge for May and trying to read books with a "villain we love to hate" theme.

I really like Lucas but then I found myself liking Orion (was that his name? I can't remember now lol) too. I'm looking forward to Goddess but I know it'll be hard because I choose them both ha :)

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Yeah I'm kind of doing the same now, reading my physical books rather than my netgalley ones. I'm excited your taking part though with me! =)

I love Orion but Lucas, yeah it's Lucas all the way baby! ;)

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I'm trying to fit some of my netgalley books into the challenge I'm doing, but so far, I think only about two of them might work :(

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

plz Donna!! tell me who she ends with :( i dont care if u spoil it!! send me an inbox ;'( ....i really hope its lucas's name i see there!!

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Aiman, would I have rated it 5 stars (view spoiler)

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Oh and Suzanne, what books have you got to read then?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "Aiman, would I have rated it 5 stars [spoilers removed]"

UR KILLING ME!!! ;'( BUT IM GUESSING UR TEAM LUCAS SO IM JUST GONA GO WITH MY GUT "AGAIN" ANND HOPE SHE ENDS WITH LUCAS ;p FIRST THE ELITE AND NOW THE GODDESS!!! THANKS FOR GIVING ME A MINI HEART-ATTACK FOR THE SPOILER JOKE -.-

message 12: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Donna, these are my Netgalley and Edelweiss books that I have at the moment. The challenge is for "Villains we love to hate".

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Of course I'm team Lucas!! You know how much I hate them damn love triangles! lol

Donna {Book Passion For Life} OMG Suzanne, I can't believe how many NetGalley titles you have!!! Lol. I'm not sure there are many titles because I haven't read most of them, so I'm not sure. =(

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I know Donna, I've loads to get through :( And that's my problem too, because I haven't read them I don't know lol. And I don't want to read reviews and spoil them.

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Do you want me to have a look through some of the reviews? I don't mind spoilers, lol

message 17: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Would you have time for that, I don't want to be putting you out?

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Nah! I'll try and have a look over the weekend for you hun x

message 19: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne You're very good Donna. If you get a chance that would be great, thanks a million :)

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Hey!! I had a look but I couldn't find anything in the reviews. :/

message 21: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Ah thanks Donna. No worries :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm starting this now!!! ... I'm telling u she better end up with Lucas ;P

Donna {Book Passion For Life} What did you think Aiman? x

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} wrote: "What did you think Aiman? x"

I loved it!!! It was freaken awesome!! My brains started to hurt XP there was a lot of characters that's why XD Lucas and Helen <3 ..... Everything was just sooooooo good!! :')

message 25: by Mikayla (new) - added it

Mikayla Hey, thanks for the review! Loved Starcrossed and Dreamless, and read them several times. Goddess, unfortunately, doesn't come out for another THREE days! I'm on pins and needles here, lol :) So...Lucas turns out who she chooses, then?

message 26: by Azhia (new) - added it

Azhia Your the reason I'm going to read Goddess because the Dreamless live triangle definitely disappointed me. Nevertheless your review gave me hope that the right choice will be made