Nic's Reviews > Sub-Mission

Sub-Mission by Sage Marlowe

bookshelves: mm, series, bdsm-or-elements-of, zz-amazon-yes

I found this book unexpected and refreshing in the way the relationship between Noah and Pierce was portrayed. But this was definitely not the story I was expecting. It had some elements that were fabulous but others had me confused.

My conundrum with this book were my feelings about both the main characters but mainly Noah. I felt quite conflicted. I had so much sympathy for his terrible situation, for the rejection by his family and the heartache of the problems with his little girl. I could understand his desire and need to do ANYTHING to save his child. I loved the way he opened up to Pierce and started to let him into his life but I absolutely HATED some of his actions (view spoiler) Obviously the author was doing something right to elicit such feelings towards the character!

I was also slightly conflicted with Pierce. I found his behaviour during his first encounter with Noah to be questionable. He had a feeling something wasn't right and didn't trust his instincts. This didn't endear his character to me and I couldn't understand why Noah really wanted to see him again.

However, overall the story presents a very interesting view of how Noah and Pierce finally come to be together - the emotional complexities, the response to betrayal, the steps to healing.

There wasn't the BDSM I was expecting in the relationship between the two men and I admit I was quite surprised by Pierce's brother's involvement in Noah's recovery. Obviously Pierce and his brother have a very trusting relationship for jealously not to rear it's head!

I will definitely be continuing on to read the next book in the series.

I now publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sub-Mission.

May 1, 2013 – Shelved as: bdsm-or-elements-of