Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Bound by Flames

Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost

bookshelves: fav-urban-fantasy, fav-vampire-books, favorites, 5-stars

~ 4.5 Bound by Flames Stars ~

Bound by Flames is book three in the Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost.

Amazing! Jaw-Dropping! Astonishing!

Vlad and Leila are trying to make their marriage stronger when an old enemy of Vlad's comes calling, bringing tension and issues to the forefront.

I love Vlad! Yummy! Yummy Vlad! Leila is as kick-ass as ever. This was a fabulous read in the series. Giving us an action packed adventure full of suspense, twists, surprises, and much much more.

So much happens good and bad in this installment. Bound by Flames was excellent, but it was also dark!! The author rocked the dark and we are reminded of that fact with a vengeance. Graphic torture, skinning, rape, arms torn off and much more.

The balance of power in Vlad and Lelia's relationship has been one-sided, up until now. Leila new going into this marriage, with one of the most powerful vampires, would be a challenge. The personal growth these two go through was significant. We get to see Vlad’s vulnerable side; while Leila shows us how strong and resilient she can be. The author did a fantastic job pulling out all the stops and of course she didn't hold back on the ravishing parts either.

I loved seeing other characters make appearances. Mencheres pops in along with Cat and Bones who had a cameo, although I will point out that their part is somewhat spoiler-ish if you haven't read Up From the Grave. It's fantastic for all those fans who love all things Night World.

Bound in Flames was so spectacular, full of emotion, action, and excitement. I couldn't get enough and devoured the book. I can't wait for the last book.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Flames.

April 30, 2013 – Shelved