Magan Vernon's Reviews > Dragonfly

Dragonfly by Leigh Talbert Moore

Apr 30, 2013

bookshelves: arcs, new-adult, indelibles-on-fire

“Gossip Girl meets VC Andrews in this new adult family saga. Love, lies, and betrayal become the new normal when Anna enters the world of Jack and Lucy Kyser.”

With contemporary finally getting the limelight it deserves, it seems like every story is the same out there: Good girl meets bad boy, fall in love, something bad happens, happily ever after. I'd have to say that I was happy that Leigh didn't follow this formula and instead went more with a Family Saga in the same realm as the VC Andrews books that I grew up loving.

In the beginning we meet Anna Sanders. A smart, high school senior that is reeling from her best friend moving away and just trying to move on with her senior year and hopefully get a scholarship for journalism. That was before she met Jack and Lucy Kyser, Gulf Shores royalty.

Jack is everything a girl dreams about: Rich, popular, gorgeous, and a great kisser. But then there is Julian, the artsy, brooding guy that Anna has had her eye on for quite some time. Both have their moments and both have their secrets that kept me rooting for each guy chapter by chapter.

This is the first in a series and I can't wait to see what Leigh does next with these characters!

**Beta read for this author.**
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly.

April 30, 2013 – Shelved