Kathrynn's Reviews > A Fine Specimen

A Fine Specimen by Lisa Marie Rice

Jun 19, 2009

bookshelves: own, 2009, reviewed, romance-contemporary, theme-police_officer, hot
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee

Loved it! Lisa Marie Rice/Elizabeth Jennings is one of my favorite authors. Her style, her stories, her characters just do "it" for me. This was no different. A quick read with no slow parts. Not really a suspense, but more of a contemporary, albeit, very hot, romance set in southern California around a police station. Alex was the lieutenant (promoted to captain) and Caitlin was there to finalize her dissertation on law (alpha males) by using his squadron (him) for research.

Alex was glued to his job. Worked late and on weekends. He had no life outside of work and was a very hard man to work with and for. He cut no one any slack, least of all himself. He was extreme in the alpha male role and was totally against allowing Caitlin to use his squadron for research, but he owed his (retiring) captain a BIG favor and that favor was called in for Caitlin.

Alex and Caitlin were attracted to each other from the start. Some very hot scenes that had me grabbing the ice water! Mercy! Felt the passion and emotion(s) between these two. The looks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fine Specimen.

June 19, 2009 – Shelved
June 20, 2009 – Shelved as: romance-contemporary
June 20, 2009 – Shelved as: theme-police_officer
June 20, 2009 – Shelved as: hot
June 20, 2009 – Finished Reading

Auntee So glad you liked it--didn't that whet your appetite for her book coming out in August?:)

Kathrynn It did. I sure do thank you, Auntee! To think, I almost missed out on this one. :-)

Dina Kathryn wrote: "Thought there should be a little more of an ending and the epilogue surprised the heck out of me. Go figure."

I'm kind of used to LMR's "abrupt" endings by now, but I love her writing anyway. She's one of my auto-buy authors.

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Nice review K! Why do you suppose the author changed the title?

Kathrynn I'm not sure, Tammy. I believe she has spoofed-up a few of her earlier works and re-released them with new publisher(s). Auntee?

Auntee Probably since she changed the characters' names for one. I'm sure it's nowhere near the same book (in terms of the steam factor) as "Taming Nick"!:)