Kathryn McGowan's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Apr 29, 2013

Even better than the original. This second book picks up roughly two years after the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, bringing back Blomkvist and Salandar as the central figures, along with a cast of familiar and new faces.
I really enjoyed reading Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, despite having seen the movie first-- a practice I abhor. I love this follow up in Girl who Played with Fire, because as a reader, I didn't see every plot twist--I didn't anticipate how it was all going to end from some previewed movie ending. I love the way Larsson methodically reveals clues and plots as the investigation unfolds. I have great admiration for Larsson's ability to tell the story from multiple vantage points, which guides the reader through glimpses, but leaves room for the reader to actively piece together the greater picture. For those who love crime and murder investigations, this is a great read. Even for those who don't typically go for that sort of thing, like me, this is still a great page turner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

April 29, 2013 – Started Reading