Becky's Reviews > True Colors

True Colors by Kristin Hannah

Jun 19, 2009

bookshelves: 999-challenge

What an incredible story! I think that this book is every bit as good as Firefly Lane!

The three sisters go through so much in this story! Each of them have their own struggles, but the fact that they remain true to each other is amazing. Yes, there are fall-outs that last for a while, but in the end, they all come back to each other. They look upon themselves for what a mother and father would give them.

My heart went out to Vivi Ann. When she fell in love with Dallas, she fell hard! But her strength and determination to stand by her man during the hard times was so uplifting. She didn't back down from what she believed in, no matter the cost. Winona, on the other hand, was striving so hard for something that she'd never receive that she damaged many people along the way. She stayed true to herself, but her selfishness caused not only much of her pain, but pain to others too. Aurora was the peacemaker. It didn't become evident that she hid her own problems and feelings until late in the story since she was always so busy worrying about Vivi and Win.

I laughed and cried through this book and have added Kristin Hannah to my favorite author list. Her ability to make me "feel" the story is amazing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.