Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️'s Reviews > Wanderlust

Wanderlust by Skye Warren

bookshelves: mind-fuckery

There is nothing I love more than finding a book that I didn't have the greatest of expectations and end up DEVOURING IT. This is such a book......

Wanderlust is a dark tale chocked full of mind fuckery. It parallels The Dark Duet in a lot of ways. It also has an Original Sinners series similar twist you'll find later in the book. This is not a romance in the true sense of the word but it grows to something loving with goodness.

Truck driver/nomad Hunter sets eyes on Evie in a quiet deserted truck stop. She's just left her home she's grown up in- grown up in isolation with a mother with severe mental issues of paranoia. She's spoken to few people in her life, only being allowed to venture out to the library. She's yearning to see the world and setting out on her own is what she needs. She's got a run down car and a little over $100 to get her where she wants to go.....just a quick stop off at this truck stop for a cheap night's stay and a bite to eat.

Hunter wants Evie and he gets what he wants. He abducts her. He drugs her. He forces her to submit to him sexually.

"But the truth is, I wanted you. I saw you looking at the sunrise, and I wanted to have that. To have you. So I took you. I knew full well how wrong it was, and I did it anyway. And the most fucked up part about it all is I still don't regret it. No remorse. Really fucking crazy, right?"

Evie hates him but she see's remorse in his eyes, a sense that he's hurting and lonely and she's his only chance for peace. Peace from his past, the demons that haunt him. Evie is torn because things change for her where Hunter is concerned. He starts letting her ride in the front of the truck, taking her to places she's only dreamed of seeing, doing things she'd never do if she stayed home with her mother. But she cannot forget what Hunter has done. When they're together, having fun, him bringing her to levels of pleasure she's never experienced sexually, she's torn. But she remembers what he did....and she continues to try to break free. To escape.

"But that was the path of a butterfly- to fly away from the one who made her."

My Hunter-
 photo bdb75d7d4d33f7455219febc214be9b4_zps9b060a7f.jpg

He was right about me being made just for him. I was an animal bred in captivity, unprepared for the harshness of the wild.

If you love a book where you hate him, love him, hate yourself for loving such a bad person, here's your book. You feel yourself warming to Hunter and almost want them to be together, then he does something hurtful and you remember the monster he can be. Mind fuckery at its finest. Love it when a book can do that to me. It's a quick read. But chocked full of action, angst, heat, and a tad romance.

Do Not read the spoiler if you haven't read this book yet. (view spoiler)

Super good dark angsty mind fuckery of a book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanderlust.

April 29, 2013 – Started Reading
April 29, 2013 – Shelved
May 2, 2013 –
31.0% "Am I sick for liking this book so much?"
May 2, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)

Amber Rose Starting this on Friday. Can't wait. :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Allison :)))

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ deirdre wrote: "Great review!"

Blacky *Must have HEA* wrote: "Awesome review Allison :)))"

Thanks Blacky and Deirdre!

message 5: by Nat O (last edited May 02, 2013 05:51PM) (new) - added it

Nat O Oh Hun, added this, thanks for the recommendation, gonna get to it when i feel like darkness! Great review!

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy Wonderful review Allison! Can't wait to read this one :-)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Christy wrote: "Wonderful review Allison! Can't wait to read this one :-)"

Sanaa wrote: "Oh Hun, added this, thanks for the recommendatin, gonna get to it when i feel like darkness! Great review!"

Thanks girlies. When I find a book that surprises me like that, I gotta share!

message 8: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Thanks for the recommendation :)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Heather wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation :)"

You're welcome. If its your cuppa.....

♥  Barb ♥ Great review, Allison and thanks for the rec :)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Barb wrote: "Great review, Allison and thanks for the rec :)"

You're welcome. Really quick read but loved loved loved it.

message 12: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Thank you for the recommendation, sounds amazing! Looking forward to reading this!

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Vanessa wrote: "Thank you for the recommendation, sounds amazing! Looking forward to reading this!"

You're welcome. Had to share.....

message 14: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Just went to B&N and bought it! Ha! Who needs sleep anyway!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ If you love a book where you hate him, love him, hate yourself for loving such a bad person

SOLD! bwahahaha
mind fuckery you say? well then! gotta give this one a try
Great review ;)

message 16: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Montoya Thank you for the recommendation!! This one sounds amazing... I'm so reading it soon..

Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ Awesome Review Allison :) Thanks for the recommendation ;)

message 18: by Hazel Anne (new) - added it

Hazel Anne  ~Javier Bernal~Kingsley Edge~ As soon as the texts "Dark Duet" and "mindfuckery" appeared on the screen I was a goner. It’s my mission in life right now to read books that will shock me to my core and fucking molest me. Lol. Really. Thanks for sharing this Allison I am so thrilled and cannot wait to read it!

NiteReader Lovely review, Allison and thank you for the rec!

message 20: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori Allison. Thanks for the recommend. Can't wait to start it.

message 21: by Luv2read (new) - added it

Luv2read Thanks for the book recommend. It sounds really good. Can't wait to read it.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely add this to my list

message 23: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Great review Allison :) thanks for hiding the spoiler, I'll check out the spoiler as soon as I finish reading it :)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Vanessa wrote: "Just went to B&N and bought it! Ha! Who needs sleep anyway!"

Great. Let me know what you think!

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Lkay wrote: "If you love a book where you hate him, love him, hate yourself for loving such a bad person

SOLD! bwahahaha
mind fuckery you say? well then! gotta give this one a try
Great review ;)"

Thanks. Enjoy it!

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Denisse wrote: "Thank you for the recommendation!! This one sounds amazing... I'm so reading it soon.."

You're welcome.

Debra Great review, Allison!! Love your Hunter! ;-) Hoping to get to this one soon :-)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ wrote: "Awesome Review Allison :) Thanks for the recommendation ;)"

Thanks Carla. And you're welcome.

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Hazel Anne wrote: "As soon as the texts "Dark Duet" and "mindfuckery" appeared on the screen I was a goner. It’s my mission in life right now to read books that will shock me to my core and fucking molest me. Lol. R..."

Ha. I know, right? We love to be messed in the head. I think it's really good. It might be a but less dark than Duet series but the premise is there.....

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ NiteReader wrote: "Lovely review, Allison and thank you for the rec!"

Thanks and you're welcome!

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Gloria wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely add this to my list"

Lori wrote: "Allison. Thanks for the recommend. Can't wait to start it."

You're welcome girlies.

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Luv2read wrote: "Thanks for the book recommend. It sounds really good. Can't wait to read it."

You're welcome.

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Pam wrote: "Great review Allison :) thanks for hiding the spoiler, I'll check out the spoiler as soon as I finish reading it :)"

Oh most definitely. I hope nobody ruined it by reading the spoiler but I had to add my thoughts.

message 34: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Allison (will never conquer her tbr list)) wrote: "Pam wrote: "Great review Allison :) thanks for hiding the spoiler, I'll check out the spoiler as soon as I finish reading it :)"

Oh most definitely. I hope nobody ruined it by reading the spoiler ..."

If they read it then it's their fault ... lol :) I know the feeling of having to get it all out!

message 35: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • FABULOUS review Allison x

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Lisa Jayne wrote: "FABULOUS review Allison x"

Thanks Lisa Jayne

message 37: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori WOW. Just finished and trying to formulate a full sentence. Thank you for the recommend. I loved it but I feel sick and twisted for that

I'm going to go back to the business of the day dazed and somewhat perplexed that I liked something this darkly fantastic

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Lori wrote: "WOW. Just finished and trying to formulate a full sentence. Thank you for the recommend. I loved it but I feel sick and twisted for that

I'm going to go back to the business of the day dazed and ..."

I'm happy you liked it. What's your opinion on my spoiler? Did that work okay for you. It didn't fit for me. But the book was so good I didn't deduct a star.

message 39: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori Totally agree with you. That did not work for me either

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Candace wrote: "Just finished this one, thanks for the recommendation and great review!"

Oh you're welcome. And thanks Candace!