Beatrice Masaluñga's Reviews > The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

bookshelves: young-adult, favorite-books

Buddy read with the amazing sis Pearl. --> click to read her wonderful review. :)

Just a perfect read on a rainy night. There are LOTS of Sydrian moments and I just can't help highlighting and also smiling like an idiot. This is making me a hopeless romantic but I SHIP SYDRIAN SO HARD I HAVE HEART EYES. (Forgive me for fangirling, Adrian Ivashkov is just irresistible.)

The Bloodlines series just keeps getting better. I love how Richelle Mead adds more twist on Sydney's adventure as it focuses on two conflicts:

a.) Finding Ms. Terwilliger's older sister, Veronica ,who absorbs someone's magic to make her stronger and enhance her beauty, leaving the victims in coma and frail. Sydney must prevent her from taking more by protecting them with charms. She learns more defensive and offensive magic (It was badass imo). Adrian's vampire magic protects her more since Veronica couldn't detect it.

b.) Meeting an ex-alchemist, Marcus Finch . He reveals that there is a conspiracy in the Alchemy world as they secretly coordinate with the Warriors of Light (Vampire Hunters). He proposed to Sydney on joining their group and as well as break the golden lily tattoo, replacing it with an Indigo ink (which breaks the compulsion).

I love Sydney Sage. She might holding back her feelings to Adrian at first, I think it's understandable since she was trained to follow the alchemist beliefs. Seeing her character development is just wonderful. She's becoming more confident, and lets herself do the things according to her will without being controlled or dictates by anyone. I love how she breaks out of her shell.

As always, Adrian Ivashkov is the most romantic vampire ever. He's just there for Sydney no matter what, even if it means loving her by afar. (damn you, Syd). omfg! Everything he does here will melt your heart and I WILL NEVER GET ENOUGH OF HIM. That spirit dream...*fans self* Their romance/chemistry is just strong and adorable. Absolutely on point!

I am looking forward on the next book. I am nervous and excited at the same time because I can sense some trouble (and more Sydrian moments, haha!). I peek on the next book and it's in dual perspective! I'm a happy fangirl. Richelle Mead is amazing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indigo Spell.

April 25, 2013 – Shelved
April 25, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 12, 2015 – Started Reading
December 12, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
December 12, 2015 –
5.0% "I feel so giddy yah! :)"
December 13, 2015 –
21.0% "I'm not even halfway done and I'm swooning already. I SHIP SYDRIAN SO HARD."
December 14, 2015 –
43.0% "Hallelujah!!! \(^^,)/"
December 15, 2015 –
65.0% "I will never get tired of Sydrian."
December 18, 2015 – Shelved as: favorite-books
December 18, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Pang (new)

Pang Oh god, I havn't read this yet, but after reading your revew, I have to read it ASAP!!! :D

Beatrice Masaluñga Pang, read it ASAP. It's loaded with Sydrian moments, You'll never be disappointed. <3 Thank you Pang!

Beatrice Masaluñga *edited my review. some errors and typos. ugh hate it.*

Neil (or bleed) Great review, Beatrice! :)

Beatrice Masaluñga Thank you, Neil! :)

Beatrice Masaluñga Thank you, Neil! :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Great character analysis and review, Bea!^^

Beatrice Masaluñga Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Great character analysis and review, Bea!^^"

Thank you, Ate AJ! :D

Pearl Angeli Great review, as always, sis! :) I might be a little conflicted in this book but it's overall a great sequel. Can't wait for The Fiery Heart's fiery beginnings! <3

Beatrice Masaluñga Pearl wrote: "Great review, as always, sis! :) I might be a little conflicted in this book but it's overall a great sequel. Can't wait for The Fiery Heart's fiery beginnings! <3"

Thank you sis Pearl! I'm looking forward on your thoughts about it even if you are conflicted. :) I can't wait for The Fiery Heart <3 MORE SYDRIAN!! I'm a little nervous about what will happen. I had a bad feeling.