Katy's Reviews > Portrait of a Crossroads

bookshelves: ebook, galley-for-review, net-galley
Recommended to Katy by: NetGalley/Riptide
Recommended for: fans of F/F erotica

Book Info: Genre: F/F Erotica
Reading Level: Adult (explicit)
Recommended for: fans of F/F erotica

My Thoughts: While not normally a fan of erotica, I quite liked this short novella. The writing is very nice, beautiful descriptions, and Annette is an interesting character, as is Sadie (although Sadie remains mysterious to the end). It almost makes me want to visit the crossroads mentioned, just to see the scenery.

While F/F erotica is not for everyone, if you've been looking for some, this is a good choice.

Disclosure: I received an e-galley from Riptide Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: Since finding her father’s body at the bottom of the basement stairs, Annette’s been drifting through her days, watching cars pass down the rural Ontario crossroads beside her house. Her brothers have no great ambitions, but Annette remembers a time when she did. She just can’t remember what they are.

Then she meets her neighbour, Sadie, a tattooed, world-weary, newly single portrait artist. Something about Sadie awakens something in Annette—the essence she captures in her subjects, perhaps, or the way the old familiar crossroads seem so fresh and promising from the view out Sadie’s window.

Annette begins to help Sadie, cleaning brushes and filing invoices between long lazy afternoons of conversations and shared silences. Soon, though, Annette wants more from her enigmatic neighbor, and their slowly heating friendship melts into passionate nights. Somewhere along the way, Annette discovers that her lover has illuminated for her, as with the people Sadie paints, not just her essence but her own endless worlds of possibilities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Portrait of a Crossroads.

April 24, 2013 – Shelved
April 24, 2013 – Shelved as: galley-for-review
April 24, 2013 – Shelved as: net-galley
September 29, 2013 – Started Reading
September 29, 2013 –
6.0% "This is short, but I want to take a nap, so might not finish for awhile."
September 29, 2013 – Finished Reading