Shravanthi's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The fault in our Stars :

Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters live a brief 300 and odd pages but forever in our hearts. The book starts out with a sour Hazel attending a support group for people with Cancer , where she meets Augustus, a self-assured seventeen year old. The Fault in our Stars is the non-cancery (as Hazel Grace would put it) side of their story. The adorable quirks and witty exchanges make the couple adorable. It is evident from the beginning how beautiful their chemistry is. Gus and Isaac's friendship is to die for ( no pun intended ).

Although neither of our protagonists have crossed their adolescence their profound knowledge on life and death and humanity and the general existence of the world makes me wonder. Characters like Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters are really hard to come by in real life , but hey surrealism is the essence of fiction. John Green's optimism in giving us such positive and non-superficial teenagers is a rare treat for those of us who aren't big fans of frivolousness

Quotes Shravanthi Liked

John Green
“May I see you again?" he asked. There was an endearing nervousness in his voice.

I smiled. "Sure."

"Tomorrow?" he asked.

"Patience, grasshopper," I counseled. "You don't want to seem overeager.

"Right, that's why I said tomorrow," he said. "I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow." I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious," he said.

"You don't even know me," I said. I grabbed the book from the center console. "How about I call you when I finish this?"

"But you don't even have my phone number," he said.

"I strongly suspect you wrote it in this book."

He broke out into that goofy smile. "And you say we don't know each other.”

John Green
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

John Green
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”

John Green
“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”

John Green
“I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?”

John Green
“The world is not a wish-granting factory.”

John Green
“It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing.”

John Green
“You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”

April 23, 2013 – Shelved