Jim's Reviews > Plague Ship

Plague Ship by Clive Cussler

Jun 14, 2009

5 of 5 stars for the fiction novel Plague Ship (Oregon Files #5) by Clive Cussler. First you need a little background on the Oregon. Imagine a very old run-down junker of a cargo ship named the Oregon. It is owned by "the corporation" and "the chairman" is the captain. Oh, did I mention that inside of this junker ship is a high-tech state-of-the-art ship with significant weapons and attack teams? The corporation gets hired by various US government agencies and other people for special missions.

This story of the Oregon and her crew opens with a strange event. A passenger cruise ship has gone silent and adrift in the ocean. The Oregon investigates to find all aboard are dead without cause. On a related story line is a world-wide radical group which believes the world is over populated. As with all radical groups, they have a plan to hold level or reduce the world population. A world-wide group has world-wide plans needing precise coordination between operating teams. The crew of the Oregon find themselves right in the middle of all of this.

A well written book (I am a big fan of Cussler), our continuing characters are fun as usual. This is a smart plot that keeps you guessing with some great surprises. I highly recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plague Ship.