Sammi's Reviews > Dark Chatter

Dark Chatter by Andrew Branch

8192860

liked it
bookshelves: own-on-kindle, oh-my-gosh-disturbing, given-to-review

Ok, so this book was always going to be a hit or miss with me and unfortunately I think it was a bit of a miss.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a good book and I’m well up for trying things outside of my comfort zone, but me and this book just didn’t get on, the end. I’m really saddened by it as I normally read most things with no issue; however I promised I’d review this book so I will. I don’t want to be unfair and rate it badly as I say, it was very well written but I think a middle ground of 3* is a good point to finish at considering.

Ok so some of the stuff did make me chuckle to myself, for example, describing someone’s moustache as ‘3 Hitler’s long’ was pretty risqué & quite funny. Andrew is obviously a very talented author, he writes using a lot of wit and imagery. I could certainly appreciate this fact.

Some of the writing did fly over my head I must say, but this is just me. I must have read the first page about 4 times while saying to myself ‘am I really reading this correctly?’ It was quite shocking early on. I loved the Sims house idea, it really made me laugh. I think it’s a thought that goes through a lot of people’s minds when creating their perfect home, I used to be a real addict myself.

But anyway, if you’re looking for a bit of humour and a book that doesn’t take itself too seriously, then you will love this, I’m just sorry to say it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Chatter.

April 21, 2013 – Shelved
July 15, 2013 – Started Reading
July 15, 2013 – Shelved as: own-on-kindle
July 15, 2013 – Shelved as: oh-my-gosh-disturbing
July 15, 2013 – Shelved as: given-to-review
July 15, 2013 –
page 15
8.06% "Ok... interesting in a wth way"
July 15, 2013 – Finished Reading