Christine's Reviews > The Post-Birthday World

The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver

Jun 14, 2009

liked it
Read in June, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Post-Birthday World.

Jennifer (aka EM) As you know, I rarely say this: but is this one any happier??? Just finished, We Need to Talk About Kevin and love her style, but can't go to another dark place with her just yet.

Christine Nope...still dark and messy with delicious writing. Painfully sad and angst-filled. She does have a finesse for opening every wound and examining it until there is nothing left; until she finds the next wound.

message 3: by Jennifer (aka EM) (last edited Jun 24, 2009 05:26PM) (new) - added it

Jennifer (aka EM) well said.

I will get to this one ... but first I need something light and comedic. I may pick up the one you loaned me after I loaned you Sedaris ... forget what it is now, but I've got it at the office still, I believe.

Either that, or I'm going back to re-read my Doonesbury anthologies. :-P

Jennifer (aka EM) A-ha! Augusten Burroughs, Magical Thinking, and I just found it 2nd from the top of one of my 'to-read' piles in the den!

Just what the doc ordered.

Christine If you can look past the arrogance, I found him really funny, in an angry sort of way.