Farrah's Reviews > Prophecy Girl

Prophecy Girl by Cecily White

Loved this book! I was a little wary of Prophecy Girl because I've had string of bad angel and boarding school books and I was worried that this would be the same. But, fortunately, this book was so much better and I adored it.

Amelie was so awesome. I really liked her. She was hilarious. Even in the worst situations a person can be in, she had witty comments that had me cracking up. She was such a strong heroine. She wasn't about to let anyone stand in the way when she wanted something. And, if she was going to be charged with murder, she wasn't going to go down without one hell of a fight. She was a total beast, definitely on my list of favorite heroines.

Jack was a conundrum. At first, he was not very nice at all. But, as time went on, he became so sweet and adorable and I totally fell for him. And when I found out why he had been acting so mean in the beginning, it was all forgiven. He definitely had a legitimate reason to try to push Amelie away, considering what he knew. But even with that knowledge hanging over his head, he was just amazing.

The romance between Amelie and Jack was brilliantly done. Throughout the book, these two were a lovely couple. The romance built up quickly, but it wasn't insta-love. And when it says there was a deep bond between them, that's not just a cheesy remark. There really was. For reasons that aren't revealed until later in the book. Let's just say that there is history between them. But, I digress. I really liked Amelie and Jack together. There are rumors of a love triangle in book 2 that have me quaking in my boots because I want Amelie and Jack to have a happy ending. We'll see what happens...

The plot was excellent. It was a roller coaster of thrills, surprises, and unpredictability. I was hooked from page one, all the way through. The twists in this book had my jaw dropping. And the ending was a game changer for all the characters. Now, I'm so anxious to get my hands on the next book. I need to find out what happens next!

YA lovers, you have to read Prophecy Girl! It was a fantastic, amazing, brilliant, wonderful, totally freaking awesome book.

*Thanks to Netgalley and Entangled Teen for a copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophecy Girl.

Started Reading