Kathie (katmom)'s Reviews > Twisted

Twisted by Rebecca Zanetti

bookshelves: netgalley-request

This one is available today! Hot SHIFTERS for the win!

ANOTHER short story. Apparently I'm on a roll with them.

I stayed up until midnight reading this one.

This is number 5.5 in the Dark Protectors Series. I haven't read the first five, but I will certainly be searching them out, and will be anxiously awaiting book 6, Shadowed. I stayed up until after midnight reading Twisted.

Even though I haven't read the others, I was quickly drawn into Ms. Zanetti's world of shifters. I like when an author can bring new readers to an understanding of their world and the past goings on without beating us over the head with it. Ms. Zanetti had a very natural way of bringing the past histories together in this new story.

Poor Maggie. She's been without her memory for ten years. She's been learning to fight, thanks to the vampires she's lived with and despite her nearly overwhelming clumsiness. The king sends her to find out why a vaccine, in the hands of her fellow wolf shifters, has been contaminated. Her host, Terrent, gets to protect her immediately when three wolves, with no scent, try to take her. Good thing her vampire friend, Jase (and the MC for Shadowed), is there to help.

To her shock, and a bit of hope, Terrent tells Maggie that they agreed to be mated just before the events that occurred to steal her memory. There is something about him that she's drawn to. Something that makes her think that this might be true.

Their coming together, rather to test those theories, is beyond hot. Totally makes this for a more mature reader.

While this book is in the middle of a series, it stands alone. Yet it still makes me want to know more. Some threads are tied up, but we really need to find out about Jase.

Yes, indeed, I'd read this one again!

*Thank you, NetGalley and eKensington, for the opportunity to read Twisted!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted.

April 19, 2013 – Started Reading
April 19, 2013 – Shelved
April 19, 2013 – Shelved as: netgalley-request
April 20, 2013 –
April 20, 2013 – Finished Reading

message 1: by AnnMarie (last edited Jun 17, 2013 07:21AM) (new)

AnnMarie Oh this looks good. I love a good smexy shifter story!

Kathie (katmom) Annmarie wrote: "Oh this looks good. I love a good smexy shifter story!"

ME TOO! What's "funny" is that I wasn't fond of the TWI shifters...(Jacob...blech...lol) but I love SHIFTER stories...that aren't twilight...!

message 3: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie That is sooo true!!! LOL

Michael I've spent the last 2 weeks reading this series. Loved each and every book! I can't wait to read Jase's book when it comes out and I'm dying for Janie, Dame and Kalen's story. I know that one will blow me away.

Michael Zane. damn auto correct!

Kathie (katmom) Michael wrote: "Zane. damn auto correct!"

Where is that dang LIKE button! I'm really looking forward to the next one, too!