Sharon Stevenson's Reviews > City of Secrets

City of Secrets by Aoife Marie Sheridan

I received a copy of this book for honest review. 'City of Secrets' is the second book in the Saskia trilogy, continuing Sarajane's journey as she learns more about her home world and her powers.

This is a fast-paced read with plenty of shocks and surprises along the way. Sarajane is a strong character who fights for what she believes in and cares about the people around her. I very much enjoyed following her story.

As with the first book there was a hint of horror to the story, this time mainly involving the character of Suraga whose story I found very intriguing. There were also hints at an alternate love interest for Sarajane and a shocking revelation about the exiles.

The ending was perhaps the biggest shock and left me wishing the third part was already available. Besides the main character, my favourite thing about this book was all the surprising twists and turns. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish, never knowing what might happen next.

Overall this is an entertaining fantasy novel with a gripping and unpredictable story-line. I would recommend to fans of fantasy and paranormal romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Secrets.

April 18, 2013 – Shelved