S. Taylor's Reviews > Let Angels Fly

Let Angels Fly by Noelle Clark

F 50x66

When life seems to take a sudden turn in Abbie's life, it will take faith and an open heart to see her through. She leaves her teaching post traveling to Cambodia and a position in an orphanage. In Let Angels Fly set in an exotic location takes the reader into a story that is more than love and melodrama. Action and intrigue, friendship and heart throbbing moments complete the heroine's need to find her footing.
Throughout this story, there were countless examples of colorful glorious writing, filling the pages and my imagination of the lush Cambodian places Abbie visited.
"She took a sip of the sweet, cool coconut juice, and looked around her, seeing a gloriously inviting swimming pool, shimmering bright blue in the sunlight. Around the pool, pots of amazing tropical plants and clumps of palms, banana and pawpaw trees created a picture of tropical paradise, their leaves casting shade over part of the water. Abbie felt as though she had arrived in heaven." Let Angels Fly

Abbie is simultaneously on several missions (intellectually, psychologically, and even physically at times) when she meets and gets to know Craig. He is far different type of man, one who can help her on her journey. One who doesn't give up what he feels easily. A mystery.
Sometimes, when people are freed from old cubbies, freed from expectations, they are free to become someone new. And that is key for this heroine's path.

But this isn't just a love story, for things do get dark in paradise when Abbie is a witness to a crime. Basically she held against her will, with no one to turn to, until she finds Craig has not deserted her. He actually arrives and is able to free her even though he is seriously injured. In turn they perhaps learn to trust each other for neither perishes but I can't very well spoil the fun. Safe to say medical care is critically required and obtained.

This is the type of story that reminds us that life holds many surprises, some coming at us when least expected. This isn't a fast food version of life, but one told with lyrical sweetness, petal by petal unfolding. There are numerous messages to enjoy such as if we are willing to take a chance, life may be imperfectly perfect and positioned to let us leapt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let Angels Fly.

April 18, 2013 – Started Reading