Susan Waterwyk's Reviews > Magician's Mayhem

Magician's Mayhem by R.S. Mollison-Read

MAGICIAN'S MAYHEM By R.S. Mollison is a charming, fun read aimed primarily at young adults. I rated it as if I was a young adult. In fact, part of the magic of the story was that it made me feel younger. I believe this was due to the way the author developed the two main characters, Tobin and Darcie. I felt that I was experiencing the story from Darcie's point of view. She was young, therefore, I was young. I even had unusual cravings for muffins, hmmm, must be magic.

I read the book aloud with my husband and he got a kick out of Tobin's character, a socially awkward, wants-to-do-good-but-struggles type of young man.

Together Tobin and Darcie go on a quest to solve the mystery of magical copper orbs that terrorize the kingdom. One orb literally explodes like a bomb in Tobin's front yard to start the story.

The prose is smooth making it easy and enjoyable to read aloud. The story has enough action to entertain and keep you turning pages. Mollison also does well describing set and scene to the reader. Here is an excerpt from Chapter 4:

*"He loved the cool shade of the woods, and the thousands of unique sounds; birds singing, animals rustling through the undergrowth, small streams and the swaying of branches in the light breeze. It was a symphony. He enjoyed the sunlight slanting through the trees; illuminating a single strip of the forest, with its multitude of different hues; green and brown."

There was also plenty of humor scattered throughout the story to add to the enjoyment.

I would certainly recommend MAGICIAN'S MAYHEM to lovers of fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magician's Mayhem.

Started Reading