Sue (Hollywood News Source)'s Reviews > The Boleyn Deceit

The Boleyn Deceit by Laura Andersen

bookshelves: favorite, ill-read-it-again-and-again, books-i-own

Writing a proper review has always been my struggle, especially when a book has swept me off my feet. And this is one of those cases. It is a difficult review to write and, in my defense, a reader does not simply sum up all the intense emotions and thoughts a brilliant book inflicted and provoked in himself. So please forgive me if you don’t find this review helpful at all.

The Boleyn King easily became one of my favorite debuts & books this year and when I discovered the sequel would also be published in 2013, I think I jumped and rejoiced only for a little. I can’t believe I finished The Boleyn Deceit in one sitting. This girl can only say it’s so addicting, this series would require your undivided attention.

The Boleyn Deceit picks up not long after the The Boleyn King ended. Andersen will throw you back to the glamorous and intriguing court of the Boleyn King instantly. I am so deeply submerged into the Tudor Era. I feel the magic of Laura Andersen’s words. The Boleyn Deceit unfolds in such a riveting fashion that it ensures all of the readers undivided attention. The plot is so gripping, thoroughly well written, I enjoyed every twist and turn of the story. It is everything I hoped for. I devoured it entirely. I couldn’t help myself but to finish it with one sitting.

The characters are likable and their continuing development is plausible. The romance will literally tear your heart apart and fill you with emotions. There are a lot of times I caught myself holding my breath. I found myself immensely enjoying everything about this book. The Boleyn Series managed to reduce me to tears once again. I am so engrossed with the story, it literally blew me away. It is such a pleasure to read an alternate historical fiction that holds so much love, sorrow, and depth.

The Boleyn Deceit intensified my hunger for this series even more. All I know is I wouldn’t want this series to end. The Boleyn Deceit is a terrific sequel, that will have you on the edge of your seat. Fans wont be disappointed.

Full review here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boleyn Deceit.

April 16, 2013 – Shelved
July 30, 2013 – Started Reading
July 30, 2013 –
3.0% "*backflips here we go."
page 18
4.33% "I don't even know what to say, this is good stuff that is all."
July 30, 2013 –
43.0% "Tears of blood is real i mean brotp."
July 30, 2013 –
59.0% "Oh my god. Im crying, THERE ARE NO WORDS."
July 30, 2013 –
63.0% "I dont know why I'm crying I swear Im just emotional tonight."
July 30, 2013 –
78.0% "THE BOLEYN DECEIT IS SO THRILLING WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT COURTIERS ALSO SOLVE SHERLOCK CRIMES LIKE?!?!???!!!!"
July 30, 2013 –
94.0% "OH MY GOD NOOO I JUST"
July 30, 2013 – Finished Reading
August 18, 2013 –
page 104
25.0% "This are actually one of my favorite scene. = OTPS"
August 28, 2013 –
page 280
67.31% "This book literally makes me sick."
August 28, 2013 –
page 313
75.24% "Im crying and laughing oh god"

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Deborah (new) - added it

Deborah This is the most extreme fangirling I've seen since Game of Thrones. I feel ya, bro. I feel ya.