Megan Readinginthesunshine's Reviews > Step Back In Time

Step Back In Time by Ali McNamara

I’m a huge fan of Ali McNamara’s novels and have loved every single one, so I was really looking forward to jumping in to Step Back In Time.

When Jo-Jo is hit by a car, the last thing she expects is to wake up and find herself in 1963. The world around her is suddenly very different – from the fashion to the music, even her romantic life. But then it happens three more times, and Jo-Jo finds herself living in the 70′s, 80′s and the 90′s! Why is Jo-jo jumping through time? And if she gets back to her old life, will it be the same?

I really enjoyed this. I wanted to read on because I was really intrigued about how and why Jo-Jo was jumping through time. I particularly enjoyed that there were characters who appeared in all of the ‘times’, as it felt a bit more familiar, even if they were different in each time, I liked knowing that they were there and it felt as though I knew them so it made the novel more enjoyable for me.

I like the idea of stepping through time. I’ve recently become more interested in time travel novels and so this aspect was particularly fascinating for me. Being born in the late 80′s, I can only really remember the 90′s, but it was fantastic re-living this time with Jo-Jo! Even though I wasn’t around for the other ‘times’ I enjoyed them too and really immersed myself in the 60′s, 70′s and 80′s, the feeling and the atmosphere really came to life and I felt as though I had travelled back with Jo-Jo. I especially loved the many Beatles references, I found myself singing their songs for hours after reading this!

Step Back In Time is a delightful, funny, romantic, and truly wonderful read which I’m sure will bring back memories for many readers, as well as putting smiles on many faces like mine. So buy this and enjoy travelling through time with Jo-Jo!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Step Back In Time.

April 16, 2013 – Shelved