Crazy for Books (Stephanie)'s Reviews > Blue Lines

Blue Lines by Toni Aleo

ARC provided through Netgalley by publisher for an honest review.

5 SLAP SHOT STARS

I loved this one. I've been anticipating Piper and Erik's story since we first got them together in Empty Net. Piper knows what she wants, at least when it comes to the man in her life and due to their one night together, she will be forever connected to him.

description

She's always been considered the flighty sister and she's afraid of what her family will think when they find out that she's about to be a single mother. But she's also loyal, sweet, helpful and always determined to the right thing.

Erik is a young Hockey Player with the Assassins. He's their leading scorer and seems to live in denial that his behavior puts a bad face on the team.

description

So when Erik finds out about the Piper and realizes that his boss, Elli, has put him on probation, partly because of his behavior and Piper, he enlists or should we say guilts her into helping make him look good. Erik's past tragedies influence his current behavior and he's not sure he can be the person that Piper keeps telling him he is. But his family rallies around him and Piper never gives up on him, even when he gives up on her. Erik finally realizes he wants to be the man Piper sees in him.

I wasn't a big fan of Falling for the Backup . It felt rushed and had a lot of grammatical and spelling errors that pulled me out of what I was reading, so I spent most of my time, trying to figure out what the author was trying to say. Toni completely redeemed herself for me with this book. It had everything; sexy time, disagreements and misunderstandings. I hate how Piper always felt like she was letting her family down. I also didn't like how they all relied on her to put herself second and all of them first. Erik was a total douche with her in the beginning, but soon became a good guy with a big heart that he totally showed to Piper when the chips came down to it. I had no complaints other than Piper going back and forth with believing they would be together even when Erik was telling her no. But I can understand, especially in her predicament, that her emotions would be all over the place.

I read this book into the wee hours of the night, or should I say morning. And then finished it when I got up the next day. Really sweet story. Thanks Toni!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Lines.

April 15, 2013 – Shelved
October 28, 2013 – Shelved as: netgalley-books
October 28, 2013 – Shelved as: publisher-randomhouse
November 2, 2013 – Started Reading
November 3, 2013 –
100.0% "So good. Toni totally redeemed herself from the last book. \n \n Review to come!"
November 3, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

• Lisa • FABULOUS review babes x

Jacqueline's Reads Great review hun!

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Thank you Jacqueline.

Amy | Foxy Blogs Awesome that it was 5 stars! :) great job