Sunny's Reviews > Off Limits

Off Limits by Sawyer Bennett

Sawyer Bennett must be a nice person. I say that because it comes out clearly in the genuine kindness of her characters. Characters like Danny Cross (Off Sides) and Emily Burnham speak from a place deep in the heart. I think that is why I keep getting drawn into her books.

In this story, the sweetness of Emily is juxtaposed against the harshness of Nixon. Dear Nixon, who is healing from a traumatic brain injury, is a loner. In an attempt to keep his emotions under tight wraps, he isolates himself and pushes everyone else, except his immediate family, away. Emily manages to breakthrough, not because she helps him peel his layers away, but because she saturates him with her love and caring; and this soften him to open up.

This story has just enough spice to make the room get a little warm. (Just like I like it.) And it is Sawyer Bennett's straight forward writing style that continues to draw me in. I've said in a previous review, and it bears repeating, that Ms. storytelling is refreshing and palate-cleansing from some of the overcomplicated "New Adult" books out there.

IN A NUTSHELL:

At its core, this is a winning story that connects the mind with the heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Limits.

April 15, 2013 – Shelved
April 19, 2013 – Started Reading
April 19, 2013 –
0.0% "I need something hot and contemporary"
April 20, 2013 – Finished Reading