Duane Gundrum's Reviews > The Goldenwealth Light

The Goldenwealth Light by Scott McCloskey

This book was a lot of fun and managed to hold my interest, even though my schedule made it necessary to read it in little spurts at a time. The author has a talent for maintaining a story over a long period of time and not falling back on tropes of common fantasy stories, almost as if it is written to be the anti-trope type of story, which was quite frustrating.

As I'm not usually the sort of person to read a young adult story, I was on edge in the beginning, but quickly realized this story was told in a way that didn't require you to feel the story was dumbed down, like a lot of other young adult stories do. It is just as fun to read as an adult as it would be for a young adult (my assumption, as I'm no longer a young adult).

One thing that doubled my interest in this story was the handling of family, which is often neglected in this type of story. It always seemed to be a critical element to the storytelling, and it felt nice to see that in the book as well.

I look forward to reading more fiction from this author in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goldenwealth Light.

Finished Reading