Brenda's Reviews > Ask Me to Stay

Ask Me to Stay by Elise K. Ackers

bookshelves: 2013-release, aussie-authors, romance, arc, net-galley, read-on-kindle, own-read

When Ethan Foster returned home for Bree’s funeral, everyone expected him to leave straight afterwards, as was normal for him. His brother Dean was devastated by his wife’s death, and their children Nina and Rowan were having a hard time of it as well.

Ethan had abruptly left town at age 18, two years after their parents’ death, leaving behind many friends who couldn’t understand his actions. He returned for special events…the birth of Rowan, and again for Nina’s birth, but always left in a hurry. But now here he was again, at another event in the lives of his family, a shockingly unexpected tragedy, with six year old Nina and her older brother Rowan looking so much like their Mum it was breathtaking.

Caleb O’Hara and his sister Samantha (Cal and Sammy) were among his few closest friends…he had had a thing for Sammy at the time of his abrupt departure. With young Nina, plus the silent and serious Rowan tugging on his heart strings, and his heart restricting every time he caught Sammy’s eye, then Dean not wanting to look him in the eye, and scowling when he did, was it any wonder Ethan wasn’t sure where he stood.

But the secret he had kept all the years he’d been away was one he had to keep forever. He would take the heat, but he wouldn’t let his family and friends be hurt.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved Nina, and her constant I have questions…so adorable. The way Ethan interacted with two children who had so recently lost their mother. Ms Akers novella was a wonderful start to her new series, and I’m quite looking forward to the next one Ask Me for More, out in July this year.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me to Stay.

April 14, 2013 – Shelved