Renee's Reviews > Nyphron Rising

Nyphron Rising by Michael J. Sullivan

2012116
Jun 09, 2009

Finally I finished and what a tale that was. I am still impressed, not losing interest and very much want to read Emerald Storm. This installment of the Riyria Revelations answered many questions I had from the first two in the series, but damn it raised still more, as I expected it would.

Arista's character is developing into a strong, and perfectly flawed heroine. The first two books I thought she'd be typical in that she played the spoiled rich girl with a quirk, but in Nyprhon Rising, another side of her is revealed and it is one I didn't expect. Hadrian as well is becoming larger than life, as if he wasn't already.

I just want to say shame on Michael for fooling me near the end. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't say specifically what he did, but I will say I had an 'Aha!' moment that was quickly stomped all over in the end. So I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. In fact the ending of this book is compelling me to read the first two once more to see if I missed something that would tell me the answer to the big question.

So, after my typical rambling nonsense, I'll summarize by saying that if you haven't read this series, especially if you enjoy fantasy, go out and get it. I love it, I'm hooked and so is my daughter who is (I think) one of Michael's biggest fans. She'd like you to hurry with the next please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nyphron Rising.

June 9, 2009 – Shelved
January 5, 2010 –
page 54
15.43% "Yay, she's done. I can finally read. So far so great."
January 18, 2010 –
page 275
Started Reading
January 21, 2010 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin LOL - that was precious - so glad your daughter is enjoying it so.

Renee She is and I love to see her love to read something that much, but I would very much like to read it too. I put my foot down on the second reading. It will have to wait until I have read it first.

Renee She's almost done, I tried to coerce her into finishing it tonight, but apparently she has other plans.