Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Chasing Mrs. Right

Chasing Mrs. Right by Katee Robert

bookshelves: ebook-format, erotica, entangled, romance, read-in-2013, brazen

First thing... holy crap - Ian.

I mean, I wasn't expecting him when I first picked up this book. Ian has just returned home from his last tour in Afghanistan to a welcome home party thrown by his sister. He has an aversion to crowds and loud noises and hanging out in his little sister's fiance's club isn't doing anything for his stress levels. Now throw in a harpy of a mother and it's no wonder he's ready to bolt. And bolt the does, unfortunately in his speedy escape he literally runs into Roxanne who is on her way into the party.

Roxanne is Elle's best friend and was invited to a welcome home party for a brother she's never met. But when she runs into Ian, she realizes she'd rather scratch a long overdue itch.

"Ideally, how's tonight end for you?" when eh stared, she snapped hre fingers in front of his face. No way was she giving him time to come up with some careful, PC answer. She wanted the truth. "Answer. Now."

She got exactly what she was looking for. He met her gaze directly. "With you bent over the nearest available surface and me fucking you until we both forget our names."

photo tumblr_md57ucAzpF1rxzupko1_500_zps7388e882.gif

I mean...

The chemistry between these two is spontaneous and written so wonderfully. And I'm not talking just about the sexual chemistry. While it's true they start out as essentially a one night stand, The back and forth between the two was actually pretty funny too.

"You cook?" she yawned. "I like my eggs with a side of orgasms."

He laughed and settled in, sleep already threatening. "I think I can make that happen."

"I knew I liked you."

or

"If your plan is to sex me into submission. I'm not saying it's working, but I'm not saying it's not working either."

While Ian is convinced that Roxanne is his Mrs. Right, and is determined to make this connection between them about more than just sex. Roxanne is determined to do just the opposite. She's been hurt too many times and finally believes what her mother told her... love doesn't last. She isn't about to start believing in it just because Ian enters her life.

I'm only giving this four stars because to be honest, I thought the climax to the story was a bit weak... though I totally loved the resolution, it was rushed. Maybe I'm just selfish and want some more Ian in my life. (that could totally be it.)

I'm definitely going to be checking out the rest of Mrs. Robert's stuff after this one. Also, I'm excited to read more about Nathan in the next book!

Thank you to Entangled and Netgalley for the advance copy for review.

This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Mrs. Right.

April 14, 2013 – Started Reading
April 14, 2013 – Shelved
April 14, 2013 –
9.0% "'Ideally how's tonight end for you?' 'With you bent over the nearest available surface and me fucking you until we both forget our names.' Wellllll then sign me up!! Lol"
April 14, 2013 –
12.0% "'I'm dying to taste every inch of you, and you will be coming on my mouth tonight.' OMG he's a military guy with a dirty mouth..."
April 14, 2013 –
36.0% "Holy UNF this guy..."
April 14, 2013 –
46.0% "'You cook?' She yawned. 'I like my eggs with a side of orgasms.' #yes"
April 14, 2013 –
54.0% "Intelligence was sexy, and so was correct spelling and punctuation. *nods*"
April 14, 2013 – Shelved as: erotica