Kristen's Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Jun 09, 2009

bookshelves: signed, double-monster, audiobooks, zombies, youngadult, own-it, romance-y, sci-fi
Read from May 28 to June 10, 2012

Short & Sweet: This follow up novel to The Forest of Hands and Teeth features the main character of Gabry, who is the daughter of Mary, the main character in the first book. Gabry grew up without ever feeling in danger from the walking dead until one night when her friends convince her to cross the barrier to play in an old abandoned carnival. Unfortunately, they are attacked and some of her friends are turned. While she runs away in order to avoid getting caught, her friends are sentenced to become soldiers to fight the undead, while others were turned and killed. Full of adventure, terror and learning about the different views on these Unconsecrated. Gabry must figure out where she belongs in this world as she is left to decide with more questions than answers.

Final Verdict: A great adventure with a slight love triangle that ends in a way that I find satisfying. Definitely a bit of a cliffhanger, but the next book is already out, so I will have to read that one shortly. I ended up listening to the audio version, which was narrated very well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.

Nancy Fischer I loved it, too:-) But I think the third book is even better!

Kristen Will hopefully be reading the third soon! :)