Jen's Reviews > Falling into You

Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder

Apr 14, 2013

bookshelves: new-adult, my-favorites, rock, w-read-in-2013

Oct 26-27, 2014 - Re-read this book because I just found out there are 2 more :)

Just .. *sigh* Wow -

This story was so much more than I thought it would be. I was expecting the sorrow that would bring me to tears, but not while I was on my Sunday drive with my family :) That was embarrassing :) These were not just little tears that I thought it would be this was full blown sobs that had my husband telling me to put the book down!!!

I don't even know where to begin. you read in the Blurb that Nell falls in love with her best friend from birth. Literally. They were only 2 days apart born in the same hospital, living next door to each other - and growing up as best friends. Until she turns 16 and her dad lets her date. The first time she gets asked out, Kyle goes berserk! At first Nell couldn't figure out why Kyle was so upset, but then he tells her it was always her for him. After a long run, she couldn't see herself on a date with Jason anymore. She just saw herself with Kyle. But what would that mean for their friendship?

Sometimes when BFF's move onto the next stage, things only get better. And for Kyle and Nell that was how it was. 2 years later, they're still happy - until they're not.

Racked with Guilt and sorrow, the one thing she cared about was taken from her, and it was her fault. Should wouldn't let herself grieve. She wouldn't let herself forget - so she held it in. Letting no one know the truth of what happened, letting no one know just how badly she hurt. She would never let anyone, even herself loose his memory.

At his funeral, She runs off to hide her feelings, get some control before facing others again. That's where Colton finds her.

She's only met him a couple of times. He took off right when he graduated. Kyle hardly spoke about him, he was never around, but there was something about him that helped take her mind off what happened, just for a few moments.

But it didn't last. 2 years later, she's still seeing everything that happened as it haunts her dreams. Real life has taken it's tole on Nell, and she's having trouble dealing with the pain.

When Colton is off playing music - his biggest passion, he sees' her again. This time he's not going to let her run off.
He follows her home. He see's how she feels, and knows there is more to the story of what happened that night. She still carries it around with her.

Colton's life wasn't great. Things at home weren't wonderful, and when he left to come to New York, he had $5 to his name. He couldn't find work, and he had no friends or family to help him find a home.
Living in the streets harden Colt. He became fearless. But there was also pain and guilt living inside of him.

He knew he oculdn't fix Nell, but he know what it was like to hit rock bottom. He just wanted to help her live again.

Yeah . Like I said - DEEP! I'm still sobbing after that last song he wrote at the end of the book - you'll know it when you read it.

This story really got me thinking. I'm use to those HEA stories where everyone gets married and has kids and runs off into the sunset laughing.... but after this - we know life is hard. You'll always carry those who you loved with you in your hearts. It's ok to love again. it's ok to laugh again. But it's also okay to feel sad sometimes too. And to morn, and to feel guilty. But as long as you have someone with you that makes you smile. Living with the guilt and sorry helps you to move on.

I hope I didn't say too much - I don't think I gave any spoilers away - but if I did, I'm sorry - it wasn't my intetnion...

I STRONGLY recommend this book to those that liked other serious type romance books, like Hopeless or The Sea of Tranquility and The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden -

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling into You.