Rane's Reviews > Untouched

Untouched by Anna Campbell

1987431
Jun 08, 2009

bookshelves: regency-napoleonic-era, historical

Anna Campbell’s romance books may not fall under any typical romance, her stories drawn you into a dark world sensual world with characters that will pull and rip at your heart strings.

While Claiming the Courtesan was at times a hard pill to shallow for some, Untouched was such a tragic story with a deep sensual level between Grace and Matthew. Still in keeping with the darker side of romance. Untouched kept you at the edge at all times never giving you leave until the ending chapters with surprises at ever turn.

Matthew was such a tragic hero, going through hell for eleven years of his life you would think he be bitter and strike anyone that would reach out to him. Instead you met a strong and kind man who’s very soul is stronger then most. He’s made the best of his prison but never truly giving up hope to be free from his cage. His distrust of Grace at first was to be expected, but slowly he’s able to see who Grace really was and slowly starts to falls head over heels in love with her.

Grace the once pampered daughter of a rich family, becomes humble through her young girl selfishness and the trials life deals her, but finally at her breaking point she still keeps going forward and her fateful meeting with Matt changes her again. Her past pains make her able to see and open up to Matt and let him be able to open up to her.

While the thought of Matthew as a virgin may be shocking as many Alpha Males litter the romance shelves, Campbell shows that Matt can tangle with the big boys and proves his sensual level and his ability to be a quick learner *wink*

While the villain in Claiming the Courtesan felt unnecessary, the villain in this story only added height to the already intense story. Showing the lengths both Grace and Matt would go for each other.

Overall: An amazing story with dark undertones and high sensual level. But most of all proving that love can truly set you free.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untouched.

June 8, 2009 – Shelved
June 22, 2009 – Shelved as: regency-napoleonic-era
Started Reading
June 23, 2009 – Finished Reading
September 13, 2013 – Shelved as: historical

message 1: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose You make it sound very tempting, and I do like virgin heroes, but I have Claiming the Courtesan on my bookshelf waiting for me to be in the right mood for reading it, so this will go on my wait-and-see list until I do read CtC

message 2: by Corrine (new)

Corrine Same here. I also have Tempting the Devil in my TBR, so I figure if I like either one, I'll take a look at this one.

Rane BJ Rose wrote: "You make it sound very tempting, and I do like virgin heroes, but I have Claiming the Courtesan on my bookshelf waiting for me to be in the right mood for reading it, so this will go ..."

^^ heh!
It's been while since I read about a virgin hero and Campbell did an amazing job with the hero, but I understand about waiting for the right moment to read CTC, it's a hard book at times to read but it's very good.

Rane Corrine wrote: "Same here. I also have Tempting the Devil in my TBR, so I figure if I like either one, I'll take a look at this one."

Now I really need to get a copy of TTD, but I felt CTC and UT were dark but so unlike each other I can't wait to read TTD

message 5: by new_user (new) - added it

new_user TTD read to me like a milder version of CtC, though I didn't finish it... I think I might give it another go.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) It sounds very good, and what a great review, Rane. I have this one awaiting. I thought Tempt the Devil was excellent but I could not like the hero.

Rane new_user wrote: "TTD read to me like a milder version of CtC, though I didn't finish it... I think I might give it another go."

Yeah give it another go New, it starts off slow but pulls you in

Rane Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "It sounds very good, and what a great review, Rane. I have this one awaiting. I thought Tempt the Devil was excellent but I could not like the hero. "

Thank you Danielle!
Eh? <_< Was the hero in Tempt the Devil a Alpha Male butthead? (can't stand those!)

message 9: by Adrienne (last edited Jun 24, 2009 10:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adrienne loved you review::i bought his afew days ago and have just started it::ctc is a really good read and i'm hoping this one will be just as unputdownable (is that a word?is now)::

Eastofoz I didn't like this one for a lot of reasons but CtC was phenomenal and really in a class by itself I thought. She writes very well that's for sure :)

message 11: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Adrienne wrote: "loved you review::i bought his afew days ago and have just started it::ctc is a really good read and i'm hoping this one will be just as unputdownable (is that a word?is now)::"

Thank you Adrienne!
I thought it was "unputdownable" myself *has the bangs under her eyes to prove it!*

message 12: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Eastofoz wrote: "I didn't like this one for a lot of reasons but CtC was phenomenal and really in a class by itself I thought. She writes very well that's for sure :)"

I really adore her writing, I think it's the darker themes that are not found to much in romance novels that draws me to her works

Ronyell Awesome review Rane! I haven't read Claiming the Courtesan yet. What's that book like?

message 14: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Rane! I haven't read Claiming the Courtesan yet. What's that book like?"

Thank you Ronyell!
With CtC it's down the middle either you love it or hate it. It's very much like the old school bodice rippers and the hero is a total asshat, but the beauty of it was the redemption for both characters and what they did in the past really make the book shine.

Ronyell That sounds like a great book! I'll have to check it out sometime!

Feminista Great review Rane!

message 17: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Nabk11 wrote: "Great review Rane!"

Thank you Nabk! I loved AC's older novels, haven't felt drawn to her recent novels of late

Feminista I have only read two other books from her.The Claiming the Courtesan was pretty good.