Jack Kammer's Reviews > Daughter of God: The Inquisition of Sarah Beaux

Daughter of God by J. F. Chambers

Jun 08, 2009

Read in January, 2009 — I own a copy

NOTE: This notice is written by the author. Oh... by the way. Chambers is a pen name. The book was written by Jack Kammer.

If you are reading this book review then you are looking for more information about this book.

You will like this review for three reasons:
1. This review includes the novel's half page introduction:

"I am the Daughter of God."
My twin sister was running away, and when I asked her why, Sarah told me she was divine.
I told her she was crazy.
She said, "I have work to do, Marie. I have to go."
Sarah kissed me and whispered, "Peace."
She opened the bedroom window, glanced briefly at the streets of Philadelphia then looking up at the stars Sarah slipped into the night.
The next morning I told Dad Sarah ran away from home. He told me she was a nut just like her mother.
He said he didn't care.
We were ten years old.
[The Story of Sarah Beaux according to her sister Marie:]

..............................................
2. This review also includes the text from the back cover:

Young Sarah could heal the sick, but she upset the religious authorities when she told them their idea of God was wrong. She ran away and now years later, she heads an international computer company with advanced generation computers and a following on the Internet that is quickly growing.

Sarah was again healing people in the jungle, but when she warned the world about a new deadly illicit drug, the local cartel became angry and took her hostage to crucify her. American Intelligence was aware of the danger Sarah was in, but they only watched from a distance. Now the rumors say Sarah is not only still alive, but she is in the jungle fighting the cartel to save lives. A lone female agent has decided to go down the river into darkness to search for Sarah and find the truth.

The Church inquisitors in Ecuador know Sarah can heal the sick, but they say she will never be a saint. Some inquisitors believe that if Sarah was killed by the cartel then it was just God's will, because of her Internet blasphemy about the teachings and traditions of the Church.

Sarah left a message for the world written on the old mission wall. It is a revision of the commandments and a list of rules for the religious faiths of the world to follow, because they have failed through out history with their responsibilities.

The Story of Sarah Beaux is told by three people: The man asked by the Church to investigate her; the female agent who went down the jungle river to search for her; and Sarah's sister, Marie, who answered her call and went to her side only to be swept up in the violence and controversy swirling around the Daughter of God.
...........................................

3. The third reason you will want to read this review is because the author will answer some of the questions you might want to ask before you decide to purchase the novel.

Question #1: Is this book advocating the author's personal religion?

Answer: No, not at all. The main character in the novel, Sarah Beaux, is actually critical of all the world's major religions and for several reasons: Their treatment of women; their historical attempts to convert the rest of the world often by force; their failure to bring about world peace; and their inability to co-exist with science and each other. Sarah Beaux's focus is on the truth. Whatever it is.

Question #2: Does the story include scenes of heaven and angels?

Answer: No. The story is based on a non-theistic concept of God [He doesn't have a white beard:] and the story is without magic or miracles that can't be explained by science. There are no angels or demons.

Question #3: Who is Sarah Beaux?

Answer: A young girl who can heal people, but she runs away because her parents continually fight about her ability. She later starts an Internet computer company that provides individual advice and support to her followers. Sarah's recent conflict with a drug cartel causes her to come to the attention of the United States CIA who fear her, because of the advanced artificial intelligence level of her computer system. Much of the story is about her conflict with the drug cartel.

Question #4: What genre is this novel?

Answer: The novel was classified as religious by Infinity Publishing, but that might be misleading.

The author's main influence was astronomer Carl Sagan who wrote the fiction novel `Contact,' which was about earth being contacted by extra-terrestrials. Sagan's novel was based on good science, some of which did not yet exist, and his book did not have spaceships or little green men, but if earth is contacted from space in the future then it would probably happen like Sagan described it.
This novel is about a young woman who might be the Daughter of God. If it did happen then it might be someone like Sarah.

Question #5: How does the author respond to those who quote the Bible, "His only begotten Son?"

Answer: If people believe that God sent his child to us 2,000 years ago then they have to believe he can do it again if he wants. The author thinks some people would really be unhappy if God sent us a girl, which is why he would probably do it.

Question #6: The novel mentions the CIA, a drug cartel, the jungle, and religion, so does it contain sex and violence?

Answer: Yes, of course. [the sex isn't graphic:].

Question #7: Is there a message for the reader?

Answer: Yes, Sarah Beaux says we should follow the moral laws and work on living a good life here on earth.
She also briefly describes how someone can obtain happiness.
This review was provided for those people who would be upset at a non-traditional look at theology. If you are interested in a suggested situation that works with science and truth... then enjoy my novel.
Peace,
J.F. Chambers

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of God.