Superstition Review's Reviews > The Interrogator's Notebook

The Interrogator's Notebook by Martin  Ott

bookshelves: issue-11-fiction

The Interrogator’s Notebook by Marin Ott delves into the world of Norman Kross; an interrogator whose final job brings him to the front door of an alleged murderer with has a knack for bringing his victims back to life.

Ott’s psycho-thriller-murder-mystery reminds the reader just how crazy the world can be, and that a person should never be judged based on their looks, since physical traits can be easily changed. And Norman’s struggle between whether or not to tell his wife and kids about George Stark can be seen as symbolic of many people’s own struggles and uncertainties in life. And while most secrets will not resulting near death experiences due to a psychopath, they can still have a huge, sometimes life-changing effect on a person’s life.

Ott has mastered the ability to keep a reader completely enthralled in his story, to the point where they become seriously concerned for the Kross family’s well being, and are undeniably interested in the life of George Stark, and the reasons for his actions. Ott also writes in such a way that there is no doubt in the reader’s mind that these events could take place in the real world, and might have already. And while George Stark is definitely insane, he does teach the reader one valuable lesson in the end. Stark is proof that you cannot run from your past, because no matter how much you change yourself, no matter who you try to become, the truth will always come out.

The Interrogator’s Notebook is a story of acceptance, forgiveness, and learning to trust. And Ott, through Norman and his family, proves that without communication, even the sturdiest of relationships will eventually fail.

By Lindsey Bosak

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Interrogator's Notebook.

April 12, 2013 – Shelved
Started Reading
September 26, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim Tufford I'm sold. I really like reading realistic thrillers.
Also, I don't think I would have ever heard of this one if it weren't for Superstition Review. Keep digging up rare finds!

message 2: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse Walters Ditto to what Tim said! Love it! And its nice to connect as new friends!

message 3: by Madi (new)

Madi Margolis This sounds great! I'm such a fan of the thriller and horror genres. Lately, I've been watching a lot of horror films, so it would be fun to read a horror book like this and see how they compare. I'll definitely read this one!

message 4: by Roshnni (new)

Roshnni Lad Wow, this book sounds amazing! I'm going to have to pick it up and read it! I love reading works where it's realistic and could happen in real life.